PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone, new here today and wanted to say hi :)

mimijames
27-10-12, 17:18
This is my first time in a Panic forum, I have suffered with severe anxiety/panic disorder and agoraphobia for over 10 years now, recently I became very unwell and its caused me to have terrible panic attacks and shaking in my own home which is frightening the hell out of me. I am completely alone and today I called the Crisis team because its so bad, they told me about these forums and here I am .. along with a few diazepan to 'keep me calm' as they say. I took one but still feel awful :(

Annie0904
27-10-12, 17:23
Hi :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of help and support here. Have you been to see your GP about medication and counselling? :hugs:

mimijames
27-10-12, 17:27
Hello Annie, I have been on medication for years, and I had lots of counselling but I find being completely alone I always fall back :(

nomorepanic
27-10-12, 17:28
Hi mimijames

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

mimijames
27-10-12, 17:31
Thank you Nicola :)

Wannabeloved85
27-10-12, 18:17
Welcome to the boards :)
I've been through some terrible times myself, I'm currently housebound with agoraphobia. Your not alone and there's plenty of us here that can help to reassure you and help you in your journey through this x

mimijames
28-10-12, 06:55
thank you, thats me housebound with agoraphobia and I was coping ok, just recently got a stomach problem, now cant stop shaking and its started me having panic attacks in my home. Not having anyone around me is hard, no one to pop in or talk to in the flesh, family moved away etc.. makes me find coping very hard at the moment :(

gonzo1958
28-10-12, 09:44
hi, i hope you find this site and what people say useful.
A few weeks ago i was diagnosed with Anxiety and the doctor put me on medication which took me a while to get used to and had worse symtoms for a while and i live by myself a long way from family and friends who i don,t see often and it is frightening if you are ill i know. Then as big as i am i got frightened to go out, i was off work, but i had to fight this as i needed food and stuff which i could have got online but i forced myself out, walked round the house a couple of times then to the top of the street then to the shops etc., even if i just bought one item. This helped me get my life back together and i returned to work and once i did that came on leaps and bounds . I don,t know the level of your complaint but just keep fighting it you are the only one that can do this and believe in yourself because in this life you never know what is round the corner
Hope some of this helps
D.

mimijames
28-10-12, 10:47
Thank you Gonzo,

Ive been this way for around 10 years give or take, I think I find the hardest part of coping is having to do it all alone, I know that its only us that can change things but to have someone pop in to talk to or to get some fresh air with I think would be a great help .. just I dont have that someone and its scarey alone.

caroline-j
28-10-12, 15:09
Hi Mimijames, Just wanted to say that I hope that live gets better for you. Take Care xx

kiltyclogher
28-10-12, 15:19
hi mimijames i am also new, trying to get help for my daughter and indeed indirectly me, i hope you will be ok, and i have one thing to say after reading so many posts, why in gods name is there nothing out there that actually solves this problem, and its so intrusive on peoples lives, i read people try this and that, but i wonder is there something that actually works, and strangely i have found that only two things work, understanding and support, i hope you feel better soon, and as i always do i will say a prayer for you and send healing light your way mimi :hugs:xxxxxxxxxxxxx