PDA

View Full Version : Having panic attacks again after op

anx mum
27-10-12, 20:24
Hi i havent been on here in ages been alot better in myself. Recently ive had to have an operation to remove my gallbladder i stayed in hospital overnight which was hard as i have a fear about hospitals. Since coming home im getting panic attacks bk had two today and been in tears and i find myself worrying about certain things to do with my health.

Annie0904
27-10-12, 20:29
Oh I know what it is like when ever I am ill my anxiety gets worse again. I had my gall bladder out a few years ago. My anxiety is back this time because I had an accident and fractured my foot.
It is natural to feel down though after an op :hugs::hugs: x

Janine
27-10-12, 20:48
Hi, I had never suffered with anxiety until mid August when I ended up in hospital with an infection caused by acute diverticulitis, I had terrible anxiety whilst I had it which calmed whilst I was in, two days after I came home I ended back in a and e not knowing was wrong and they said it was anxiety and gave me diazepam to get through the weekend, my doctor said it was the trauma of being ill and that could be why yours has started again. I have been on Prozac and propanolol since , after 5 weeks of terrible side effects I am now really good although I know it is the meds keeping me calm.

anx mum
27-10-12, 20:55
Thank u both i have taken an extra diazpam today and seeing my doctor on monday. Think being in hospital has really scared me

Annie0904
27-10-12, 20:56
Did you have key hole surgery? That is what I had x

Janine
27-10-12, 21:01
I think it is being in that has triggered it off again and you need help to get over it, our minds play tricks with us. It hit me out of the blue and I thought I was never going to feel normal again. I was teary like you and worrying about everything. Hopefully your GP will sort you out.

anx mum
29-10-12, 20:44
Thanks all been to gp today she has upped my diazpam whilst im so anxious hopefully should start to feel better soon

Annie0904
29-10-12, 20:48
I hope you start to feel better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs: xx

Janine
29-10-12, 21:06
Thats good news, i found some days I needed it more than others and although I did not like taking it unless I had to, it got me through some difficult days, the propanolol has also helped me a lot and I am still taking that but have not needed diazapan for nearly 4 weeks now but carry them around just in case, you will find as time goes on you will gradually feel better but it is all so fresh in your mind.

anx mum
31-10-12, 20:19
Feel so bad had 3 anxiety attacks today where its got to the point ive broke down, cant believe these have come back yet again ive had the breathing symptom most of today its awful:weep: although ive had this so many times still scares me. Im now on 5mg of diazpam x3 if needed should this be helping with how im feeling?

Janine
31-10-12, 21:02
I had to take them 3 times a day some days sometimes just one day sometimes more than one and then other days two or one or none it just depended how I felt.. I would try and space them so I could take one at bedtime. As I began to recover I needed them less and less but still carry them around, have not needed one for over three weeks now and wasI feeling just like you when I came out of hospital.

Col
31-10-12, 23:58
Hi, oh it's awful panic attacks ~ seem to have a mind of their own!
The breathing thing is awful I had it so bad one night and because I'd never in my life experienced panic attack I thought is symptom was something that was going to kill me! I really really can relate! Take your mind off it ride with the feeling you know this feeling you've had it before and come through it! Knit, read listen to music or even just try and sleep ~ I know that these won't cure you but just give you a bit of respite whilst you calm down! Read or post on no panic to other worries, do anything at all you feel right now you have the energy to do in order to take your mind of these dreaded symptoms! I found with the breathing thig that once I be ame aware of my breathing I made it even worse! If for a bit your forget about the breathing your body will sort itself out without you noticing, so distracting your self would maybe help! Also tapping exercises you tube !

Takecare of yourself and do what you need to do and hopefully you'll feel a lot better soon

anx mum
02-11-12, 20:19
Thank u col had the most awful day woke up with the breathing symptom been in tears all day. Rung my gp she was lovely told me to go to surgery cos had chest pain she did ecg which came bk ok and talked to me also shes upped my diazpam again. Feel alot better just wish my hubby would understand hardly spoke to me today feel so alone.

Col
02-11-12, 20:58
Ahh that's so awful to hear! Hopefully it's peaked the breathing thing and you'll get better and stronger and your meds might help, also.
It's soo hard for people to understand any of this, it's really frustrating but having said that in the end, I was so preoccupied with panic and it's effects that I got to the point when I was like - I've got 2 kids I've had to give up my teaching career and my health comes first, so sod anyone else, especially when they are meant to care for you and you worry about them, even when your the one who needs the help and they treat you unfairly or ignore you! I started with panic last year I've never ever had it before but my husband said he was understanding but he wasn't, when we had arguments about family (because our families are complexed) he'd push me to breaking point, my mother didn't understand I think she thought I was making it up and that's considering she's had mental health problems??? My dad also ~ almost patronising at times and him saying things like " oh isn't it funny , I'm never ill me"!
I cared soo soo much about people who were meant to care for me and then I thought hang on, I'm worrying about making their lives ok but, whose worrying really about me and right now it's me who needs the help??? I didnt mean to be rude saying sod them earlier BUT, it's just from my experience my family which for the past year, have been an absolute nightmare and now I think ~ if i can't do it or I can't talk or don't fancy meeting up, I don't and find an excuse or tell them frankly! The last thing anyone with anxiety problems needs is this additional worry of family behaving (what I think) inappropriate. Take it easy, focus on your health and don't worry to much especially right now, about everyone else! X

anx mum
03-11-12, 21:07
Ahh that's so awful to hear! Hopefully it's peaked the breathing thing and you'll get better and stronger and your meds might help, also.
It's soo hard for people to understand any of this, it's really frustrating but having said that in the end, I was so preoccupied with panic and it's effects that I got to the point when I was like - I've got 2 kids I've had to give up my teaching career and my health comes first, so sod anyone else, especially when they are meant to care for you and you worry about them, even when your the one who needs the help and they treat you unfairly or ignore you! I started with panic last year I've never ever had it before but my husband said he was understanding but he wasn't, when we had arguments about family (because our families are complexed) he'd push me to breaking point, my mother didn't understand I think she thought I was making it up and that's considering she's had mental health problems??? My dad also ~ almost patronising at times and him saying things like " oh isn't it funny , I'm never ill me"!
I cared soo soo much about people who were meant to care for me and then I thought hang on, I'm worrying about making their lives ok but, whose worrying really about me and right now it's me who needs the help??? I didnt mean to be rude saying sod them earlier BUT, it's just from my experience my family which for the past year, have been an absolute nightmare and now I think ~ if i can't do it or I can't talk or don't fancy meeting up, I don't and find an excuse or tell them frankly! The last thing anyone with anxiety problems needs is this additional worry of family behaving (what I think) inappropriate. Take it easy, focus on your health and don't worry to much especially right now, about everyone else! X

Thank u col had yet another anxious day but been trying so hard to ignore my symptoms think my meds have helped abit. Your so right what u say noone can understand anxiety and panic unless they have had it felt so angry and upset with my hubby yesterday dont think he ever get it. None of my family really get it. How r u doing?