PDA

View Full Version : How often?

BubblegumUK
27-10-12, 22:14
How often do you think you have a illness?

My anxieties started in 2009 when the room started spinning, was convinced it was a brain tumor, i still do think i have a brain tumor but thats a different story, anyway then i was convinced i had testicular cancer 2 or 3 times over the next year as well as the brain tumor, and it slowly got worse.

In the past year i thought i've had about 25 serious ilnesses (may not sound a lot but it is to me) most of them cancers or tumors. I'd say about 60-70% of these illnesses have been since May. It's getting worse. The slightest body ache/pain/sensation i obsess over and over and get paranoid about thinking it's x,y,z and then i become convinced. 3 things will happen, it'll just go away on its own, my doctor will tell me its something else or nothing at all (usually tells me its anxiety) or i'll get another symptom of something else and i'll start obsessing over that. It's doing my head in!!!

Yesterday i had severe abdominal pains, really really bad. At first i thought it was IBS so started researching it (bad idea i know) but then i noticed it was worse when i bent over and came to the conclusion that it was a pulled muscle, but then the pain went away after an hour so figured it can't be that, so then i thought (with no idea of what the symptoms are) that i had intestinal cancer, you don't get pains like that for no reason. Work colleagues think i just had bad wind or something.

Today i think i'm going deaf in my left ear so have been constantly checking my ears by conducting my own tests, and now, now i have a lump in my throat so am focusing on that now!!! arghhhhhh!!!!

why can't i just stop worrying and obsessing all the time :(

panickyme
28-10-12, 04:30
UGH!!!!!!! I do it also all day long everyday, it stinks! HA is the worse thing to have. I've been stuck on something wrong with my heart for along time now, but other things pop up also. I've thought I had lung cancer, brain tumor, bad heart, blood clot in the leg, etc. The list goes on and on. Give me ten minutes, and I come up with something else. I hear ya, one ache or twinge, right away panic. It must be something! I hate it!!!!:mad:

katielou80
28-10-12, 06:49
me too.....every few months i have a new illness...i mean i always have one....just last a few months of worrying then it changes to something else.. ive had tons this year. its awful. x living hell

lo89
28-10-12, 14:36
I have been convinced I have melanoma for about 15 years, but my health anxiety has got much worse in the past 2 years. I had pain during sex and constant bladder infections and thrust for a period of about 5 months and I was convinced I had cervical cancer, it cleared up on its own so obviously it wasn't cervical cancer but I was petrified. This is when I started googling!
It has been at it's worst for the past 6 months. I had sore legs and was sure it was leukemia, I also developed tmjd and I was convinced there was a tumour in my jaw and that was what was causing my pain and jaw stiffness! I even fainted during a dental x ray because I was convinced that they were going to see tumours!
I have been convinced that I have melanoma, leukemia, lupus, fybromyalgia, lymphoma and ibs! My imagined illnesses last for ages as well!

justina
28-10-12, 19:08
Well so I've had brain tumour, lung cancer, ovarian cervical uterus and bladder cancer, melanoma, liver cancer, breast cancer, leukemia, lymphoma,throat cancer, finger cancer and maybe more, my kids also had at least 3-4 cancers, HA sucks and I Hat It

almamatters
28-10-12, 21:29
Hi know how you feel . I currently think I have bowel cancer, liver cancer, ovarian cancer, brain tumour that has been missed on my mri scan, and possibly throat / thyroid cancer. My GP can't keep up.

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Oh and possibly ear cancer. Due to red area behind left ear!

Nighttime pacer
28-10-12, 22:34
I've pretty much signed myself up for bowel, stomach, oesophogeal, throat and lung cancer. Also panicking about chemicals in paint furniture and food and toiletries.
I sometimes feel like it's not going to be long before they discover the whatever it is that's wrong with me.
All I know is, whatever it is I'm sure it won't be curable.
All the health tests I've had have always come back fine though or with really really minor problems.
My problem can be having too much time to dwell on things.