PDA

View Full Version : Panicking really bad! Help me please

Lousicle
27-10-12, 22:24
Omg :( I need some help, I keep having all sorts of weird thoughts going on :weep:
I'm currently pregnant AND emetophobic. I'm on anti sickness tablets for morning sickness although I'm now 30 weeks gone...
I'm worrying so bad thinking that I'm not gonna be able to come off them and I know my gp won't be sympathetic and slowly ween me off.
I've cut it close getting my repeat prescription and only have enough for 2 today and 2 tomorrow which I'm usually on 3 a day. Even that is causing serious panic, I feel like I'm going to have a massive panic attack.
What will I do when they won't give them to me anymore :weep::weep::weep:
Please help, I can't calm down :|:|

brendanh
27-10-12, 22:42
I think its best to tell him exactly how you feel and see what he says.
If does not want to prescribe anything then ask him if he can at least continue the medication until your pregnancy is over, then after that you will be in the clear from getting sick from being pregnant. If that dont work then see what the chemist can give you over the counter

Lousicle
27-10-12, 22:49
Im on repeat prescription until the end of my pregnancy, im just worrying about afterwards, I will be able to get my repeat first thing Monday morning.
I feel like I'm addicted to them but psychologically instead of physically :(

brendanh
27-10-12, 23:33
Yes i understand what you mean, it is hard. Tell your docotor your problem and if they of no help then ask to see a different one. Mabey you need to try CBT therapy has that will more than likey cure your phobia in a matter of weeks, im currently on a waiting list to do CBT myself for my anxiety dissorder.