PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to repeat!! Need help!

mackncody
11-08-06, 02:16
I know I already asked about Effexor, but I have been on it for about a month or so(probably two, I have memory problems) and I haven't noticed a difference in my ability to handle panic or anxiety or my social phobia if anything I have probably gotten worse as I don't get out of the house as much anymore. But the main concern is the fact that I'm getting these massive(MASSIVE) headaches. I've never been one to get migraines or anything of that sort which is why this is so worrying to me. Is anyone else on this??? I've talked to my doc and she doesn't seem to think it's anything to worry about which pisses me off to no end. Please help if you have the time. Sorry it's a long rant.[Oops!]

polly daydream
11-08-06, 09:34
Hi Mack, I'm not on Effexor but am on Citalopram, which since being on them I suffer with a bad memory, so I think that is just a symtom of antidepressents. If I were you I would concider trying something else, maybe it doesn't agree with you.

Sorry not been much help,

Take care,

Polly

susie
11-08-06, 09:36
hi there i dont know what the meds are that you are taking but in my experiance drugs take about 2 to 3 weeks to work. the fact that you feel worse and your bad headaches sugests to me they are not working if i was you id go back to your gp .hope this helps best wishes sue

Two heads
11-08-06, 17:06
Like i said with my resent thread ,ive been getting memory loss and now i def think its the meds hun!You really will need to give them a chance to work.But if the headaches dont go maybe try something else out!
I had afew headaches when i frist started my citalopram but they soon went.
Sometimes these ssris can take a while to work,i known my did.
Good luckxxx

mackncody
11-08-06, 17:46
Thanks guys. I'm pretty much to the point I want to change meds. I just feel bad that its the third time now, although to be honest the doc changed the medicine the first two times on her own. Anyway thanks for the input!! Means alot!:D

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

ren
12-08-06, 19:36
I'm on effexor. I was on 150mg but my shrink has bumped me up to 300mg, which means my original side effects are back. I have the damn twitches in my fingers again.

I did, in the beginning, find effexor helped me. It didn't help me hugely but it did help. My shrink thinks boosting the dose will help as apparently it does different things at different levels.

What dose are you on?

mackncody
13-08-06, 06:09
I take 150 mg of it. When I was on my lesser dose of Effexor I had mild headaches every so often, then I was bumped up to 150 to having massive headaches daily. I'm afraid if we keep going up then I never going to eat since I'm nauseous enough to vomit now I will probably never eat. And honestly I don't see that much improvement in the anxiety dept. I'm pretty much done with Effexor.

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.