PDA

View Full Version : for laura

kiltyclogher
28-10-12, 00:49
hello new here worried about my daughter who suffers so bad with anxiety, and i also suffer from it not to her degree but she has been through so much in life would so appreciate help for her thanks.

nomorepanic
28-10-12, 00:59
Hi kiltyclogher

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Laura123
28-10-12, 01:23
Hi, you will get lots of support here. What age is your daughter? X

Serenitie
28-10-12, 01:32
What a wonderful, caring parent you are! Welcome to NMP. I'm sure that you will find the help and support you are looking for and make friends along the way :bighug1:

Laura1989
28-10-12, 02:17
Welcome to nmp...I'm sure you'll find the help and advise you need! X

BobbyDog
28-10-12, 06:16
I can understand your worries, myself and my son both have anxiety, so you are not alone, If I can help you in any way, please send me a PM.
Take care.:welcome:

kiltyclogher
28-10-12, 11:03
dear bobbydog, thank you so much for your kindness, i dont even know where to start with laura, forget about me, but i do need to help her so much, laura is a superb human being whose life at times reads like a horror story, married with 4 beautiful children one of whom ADAM is heaven he was 2 months when diagnoised with a rare cancer and 16mths when he died we walked that ward for 14mths and lost 24 children during our stay, laura had anxiety before this not as but not as intrusive, her husband is disabled at the min, having damaged his leg 7yrs ago, no work, no money, huge pressure and continuous medical problems have added to this very truamatic time. Her panic seems much worse accompanied by migraines at certain time of month, she is on effexor, i have heard some bad reviews about it, she wont change afraid other meds wont work, i have talked about hypnotherapy, i go to her whenever she needs me, i just wish i knew of a med that would work, a process that would heal and liberate her, sorry for being so long winded, and thank you for caring.

caroline-j
28-10-12, 15:05
Hi Kiltycloger, Just want to say I hope that you get all the help for your Daughter. As a Mother and Granddmother myself I know what you must be going through. All the best. xx

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Sorry I meant Kiltyclogher x

kiltyclogher
28-10-12, 15:11
thank you caroline laura is going through hell at the min, i guess if i could make this short i would, from 9 to 13 she lost three dear friends tragically and we just got on with it thats what you did then, my dear father whom she loved dearly committed suicide, again we struggled on, she married and had her boys she has 4 children 3 on earth and ADAM in heaven he died at 16mnths of cancer, during his 14 months stay in hospital we lost 24 children no mother should have to see what she/we seen, her husband is presently disabled having severed a nerve in his leg, so there you have it, grief, pressure, money problems and losses on losses but her boys passing broke her heart and indeed the hearts of many, i dont know what to recommend anymore, i want to know about meds, what is suitable i dont like the effexor read bad reviews, i do give some financial aid, but hey we live in tough times, and also no work where we live, i thought about hypnotherapy, anything to take away her panic and unhappiness 9 years she is like this now, i am at a loss what to do caroline, thank you and sorry about long post. :weep:

BobbyDog
28-10-12, 15:42
Dear kiltyclogher,
I can't begin to imagine the grief that you family have been through. Has Laura had Counselling, seen a psychologist or had CBT? She is so lucky to have you. Stay strong.
I had hypnotherapy and it didn't really help with my panic attacks, but everyone is different, it's worth a try.

Take care
Sarah.

kiltyclogher
28-10-12, 17:22
thank you sarah i am just so amazed in 2012 there is nothing out there that really helps full recovery, i believe its trial and error, and so far its trial, i believe that knowing someone understands what your going through is one of the greatest therapies, also the support of others here. after adam died a councellor came she was very impressed by the way we had readied the boys for the death of their brother and indeed the strength we seemed to have and we are strong, but panic has always been our companion for me it started at 25 when my first husband died in bed beside me, so death has been my shadow for years but i dont always allow it to best me, for laura its over 9 yrs now, adams death just excelerated the symptoms and they are impacting hugely now on her life, but i wish there was just a magic pill or wand i could wave and make her ok again, but i guess her normal will never be as others perceive normal to be......what do you take sarah, have you found anything that actually works. thank you so much for your time :hugs:

BobbyDog
28-10-12, 18:01
thank you sarah i am just so amazed in 2012 there is nothing out there that really helps full recovery, i believe its trial and error, and so far its trial, i believe that knowing someone understands what your going through is one of the greatest therapies, also the support of others here. after adam died a councellor came she was very impressed by the way we had readied the boys for the death of their brother and indeed the strength we seemed to have and we are strong, but panic has always been our companion for me it started at 25 when my first husband died in bed beside me, so death has been my shadow for years but i dont always allow it to best me, for laura its over 9 yrs now, adams death just excelerated the symptoms and they are impacting hugely now on her life, but i wish there was just a magic pill or wand i could wave and make her ok again, but i guess her normal will never be as others perceive normal to be......what do you take sarah, have you found anything that actually works. thank you so much for your time :hugs:

I can't possibly compare my situation to that of your daughter Laura, or yourself! I think it is trial and error with medication and therapy, what works for one does not necessarily work for another. I take Mirtazapine, Amitriptyline and Pregabalin, a real mixture of pharmaceuticals. My anxiety is more under control than it has been for a while, even though I do still have attacks on most days and social anxiety. I feel guilty talking about my anxiety when I know what you and your family have been through. I am pleased you found this site, there are some really good hearted and very helpful people here who will try to help you as much as they can.:hugs:

caroline-j
29-10-12, 17:30
Hi Kiltyclogher, my heart goes out to you and your Family. What alot of heartache as a Family you have had. No wonder your Daughter need some help. If only there was a miracle cure out there. I have tried absolutly everything for my anxiety. The one that worked best for me was Accupunchure. I did get some free funding for this through my local mental team. Maybe your Daughter could give it ago, but what works well for one might not for another. I would def get you Daughter to seek some help from her gp. Take Care xx