PDA

View Full Version : lost

surimi
28-10-12, 11:21
Hi there, I just joined this form because,i don't know how to cope with my problem and it's been going on for so long ,and is getting deeper and stronger and i don't know how to find the way to stop all this and live like a normal person.I'm 35 years old and I have health anxiety,panic attacks for nearly 15 years. I've always been little anxious as a kid ,but everything started when my dad got sick and this was a big shock for me . Probably his illness was the trigger of my phobias and I become more scared and depressed and my life turned into a nightmare . I need some advice and help. Thank you

Alessa16
28-10-12, 17:22
I am 16 and I have health anxiety for about 3-4 months. Sometimes I really feel I am going to die. You're not alone honey :hugs:
My advice is going to a doctor for therapy. I am starting on tuesday, I hope I'll help :)

Iced_diamond
28-10-12, 17:42
Hi, I understand only too well how you feel, as I suffer from the exact same thing. I didn't suffer from health anxiety as a child, but it started creeping up in my teens and now that I am adult it has gotten a lot worse-probably because with age you learn more, see more, hear more, read more...I can understand thoroughly how the illness of a loved one can trigger anxiety. Mine got particularly bad when my grandmother was ill. I guess it's because you see people in a bad way and therefore just have negativity on your mind and you start thinking about your own life and what could go wrong. Unfortunately however, this isn't going to make us happy. Sometimes I wish I could take all the hours I spent obsessing about my health and turn them into time well spent-like having fun with my friends and family or just doing something for myself...but instead I wasted all this time worrying about stuff...Could you try talking to friends or family about how you feel and see if they can offer support or at least help take your mind off your feelings? It's very difficult, but when you feel the anxiety creeping up, can you tell yourself: 'ok, I have these feelings, but they will not last forever. They will go away.' And just do the best to distract yourself from these unpleasant feelings. I would always say, if you feel there is something physically wrong, see a doctor. That will offer piece of mind. Anxiety unfortunately brings on a lot of very 'real feeling' symptoms. The trick is to overcome them. I hope that you will be able to conquer these feelings and live a happy live, which you deserve. Take care and all the best to you! :)

Lilly12
28-10-12, 19:26
I am going through something very similar as you. Controlling panic attacks can be easy if you let them be. My advice is dont fight the panic attacks! Step outside for fresh air and take deep breaths.. your not alone :) Even if sometimes you may feel your coping with it alone.

I think talking to a professional would be the best thing. I am doing this myself and it feels comforting knowing that someone understands and that im not "crazy"!

Hope this helps you ..

surimi
29-10-12, 17:54
thank you so much for your advice :). My big problem is that I can't stop taking my blood pressure ,checking my pulse ,focusing on my body,checking for symptoms ,and I find it very difficult to concentrate on anything .I've tried Cognitive Behavioural Therapy ,but it did't help me .I've been taking diazepam for a while and now I'm waiting to start my first session with therapist.I hope to be successful

almamatters
29-10-12, 18:07
You are not alone,have been like this for ages. Constant pulse checking looking for lumps, checking blood sugar (im not even diabetic) visit the doctors weekly have symptom list as long as your arm. This forum can be a great comfort when things get too much. I take diazapam as emergency measure too. :flowers: