PDA

View Full Version : Been ill for days now :-(

Tessar
28-10-12, 12:09
Hello everyone. I feel very low today, been feeling ill for days. Caught a horrible throat infection from my nephew and it's really got a hold and I cant remember the last time I felt this unwell.
Had thu/fri off work & worried i wont get better in time for tomorrow. Actually it's my emotions bothering me today...like i feel by now I shoudl be up & at it. I'm at a critical point in seeing my counsellor right now & that's where the feeling low bit comes in as i'm trying to deal with lots from my past. Just typical i got ill at the same time. Life sucks sometimes.
I know there's lots of you out there who probably feel the same but for once, I wanted to share what I'm feeling instead of hiding it from the world at large.
So this is for anyone who doesnt feel very well today :bighug1:
(but dont get too close i dont want to make you ill)

Annie0904
28-10-12, 12:10
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: x

bernie1977
28-10-12, 12:14
Sorry to hear that Tessar, hope you feel better soon :hugs: try not to worry about work if you are too ill to go in don't, as going back too soon might make you worse.

little scientist
28-10-12, 19:55
Hugs tessar, I too have been struggling with a bug. Caught a cold two weeks ago, struggling to shake off the very end of it

Tessar
29-10-12, 09:24
Thank you everyone. I made it to work; must admit when driving in i really did wonder what i was doing as my head wasnt feeling very good. i do feel all stuffy & horrible but i'm here now & my colleagues are being very nice. i have asked that they dont give me anything very comlicated to do!
but i actually feel justified about taking time off since they tell me i dont sound better, even after a few days. I know that as an adult it's crazy that i still feel I need their approval. will i ever learn? i hope i will coz that's something else i'm working on....

Annie0904
29-10-12, 09:28
I am the same Tessar I feel guilty being of work and always think I am to blame for everything. If someone is upset or angry I immediately think "what did I do/say when it never really has anything to do with me. xx

ricardo
29-10-12, 09:34
I never realised how many people with so many anxieties,panic disorders etc still manage to go to work.
I still work a bit but ,only from home . I wish I could have had the courage so many of you have. It's a little more difficult these days to even have work especialy if you are just out of school or uni or in my case 60+

Tessar
29-10-12, 09:35
Annie, i was trying to remember if you have any cbt lined up? Because i really feel it's bound to help you. I can remember before doing cbt that i actually believed (even as a rational and intelligent adult) that my colleagues were out to get me sacked; not helped that several were bullying me too. post cbt i am confident enough that i do not get bullied anymore. plus when am i feeling low, whilst it doesnt stop me having stress, anxiety or teary moments etc; i am much better able to reflect on what is going on around me and that actually i am not going crazy at all. so i would strongly recommend some cbt

Annie0904
29-10-12, 09:38
I had cbt 8 years ago and it helped but since my accident in June it has just set all the anxiety off again. I was bullied in school and have been bullied by my boss at work which I think is part of what set my anxiety off 8 years ago and I always feel like I have to do what anyone wants me to do and then I end up with a bigger workload than anyone else because my colleagues know how to say no and I can't.

bernie1977
29-10-12, 09:44
I never realised how many people with so many anxieties,panic disorders etc still manage to go to work.
I still work a bit but ,only from home . I wish I could have had the courage so many of you have. It's a little more difficult these days to even have work especialy if you are just out of school or uni or in my case 60+

I couldn't manage work as I have panic disorder which then led to me becoming housebound with agoraphobia. I lost my job because of it. I would love a job that meant I could work from home but when I've looked there aren't any except for the scam ones

Annie0904
29-10-12, 09:47
I couldn't manage work as I have panic disorder which then led to me becoming housebound with agoraphobia. I lost my job because of it. I would love a job that meant I could work from home but when I've looked there aren't any except for the scam ones

I would love to change jobs but with my sickness record it doesn't seem possible.

bernie1977
29-10-12, 09:53
I know what you mean Annie I often think who would employ me!

ricardo
29-10-12, 10:43

Bernie I started my own business when i was in my early twenties and when this illness got too much I changed the business round to suit me being practically housebound. Not easy but I managed it for 15 years +

electrical_stormgirl
29-10-12, 13:17
:hugs:

Tessar
30-10-12, 11:10
having gone back to work yesterday, i came home with a horrible headache. it was really thorbbing, prob the worse headache i remember having in years. slept on the settee last nite as i couldnt stop coughing when i lay down. this a.m i slowly got ready for work, made it about 1/4 of the way there. but then thoguht to myself, i feel crap. so i turned my car around & now i'm at home. good job too as i still feel crap(this throat infection ting is hanging around more than i thought it would).
my colleagues were very kind yesterday so i just thought do wot's right for me. it felt a bit scary like i needed someone to say "it's ok". but i am still reminding myself i know how i feel, not other people. so i have to be strong & make my own decisions sometimes. when i rang they wre equally kind (but i still felt hyper after the phonecall!, doh)

Tessar
31-10-12, 09:30
still at home, sick. my colleagues are begging me not to go in coz they dont want to catch it. no need for any guilt today! Result.

Annie0904
31-10-12, 09:39
I think you should take the week off to recover as if you go back to early you will only make yourself worse. Don't worry about work (says me sitting here worrying about work..:doh: ) Give yourself some TLC and get well soon :hugs: x

Tessar
31-10-12, 09:44
we all do the same thing....worry about work. crazy arent we? when i was little, it was considered a weakness to be ill (most my father impressed that on us). like we had to tick several boxes before we were allowed to be off school. i find myself applying the same logic now, even though i know it's not appropriate. still, today i actually think i have turned the corner. how's your foot and for that matter your fingers, are they being targetted today? have to admit i'm in lip biting mode & trying to stop myself, doh.

Annie0904
31-10-12, 09:50
My foot is about the same but I haven't really done my physio exercises the past few days as my anxiety has been so bad...will try again today. I guess it is easier for me to stop picking my fingers than it is for you to stop biting your mouth, i have been on my computer a lot as I can't pick my fingers and type! xx

MRS STRESS ED
31-10-12, 10:01
still at home, sick. my colleagues are begging me not to go in coz they dont want to catch it. no need for any guilt today! Result.

Tessar dont feel guilty you must do whats best for you and if being off work is what it takes so be it I should of gone back to work this month but I knew I wasnt ready, I made myself so ill worrying ,so I went back the doctors and he gave me another month off ,Im not going to pressure myself anymore I will go back when Im ready ,you do the same xxxxxxxxxxxx:bighug1:

little scientist
31-10-12, 10:03
we all do the same thing....worry about work. crazy arent we? when i was little, it was considered a weakness to be ill (most my father impressed that on us). like we had to tick several boxes before we were allowed to be off school. i find myself applying the same logic now, even though i know it's not appropriate. still, today i actually think i have turned the corner. how's your foot and for that matter your fingers, are they being targetted today? have to admit i'm in lip biting mode & trying to stop myself, doh.

Ditto tessar, I had to be dead walking to be allowed off school, hence when I am off for a prolonged period, I feel like I don't deserve it and I feel guilty. At the back of my mind I always had my mums voice saying about how much my school day cost (I went to a private school, partially funded by the school itself) so there's where the guilt came in.

Tessar
01-11-12, 09:39
Success. I am back at work today...still look like a Halloween Witch (red eyes) but at least i didnt have a headache when i woke up. obviously i'm still full of cold but feeling more human. lesson learned from all this: only go back to work when you are ready! Maybe if i'd not gone to work Monday, i'd have been fitter sooner. who knows!

Tessar
05-11-12, 15:24
finally kicking the germs into touch. what a 10 days that was.

ElizabethJane
05-11-12, 16:05
Glad you are feeling better Tessar. EJ

Tessar
06-11-12, 09:10
cheers EJ :-)