PDA

View Full Version : Where did my anxiety come from?

Lilly12
28-10-12, 13:20
Its only been since im home from holidays my anxiety and panic attacks have started.
It was my first holiday away from home and i fell ill the last few days of the holiday. I was panicking, weak and home sick.
As my health is perfect now, I sometimes out of nowhere get anxious or have a panic attack. for instance i was at a family event, staying away in a hotel where the surroundings were different and immediately wanted to leave. I worry about the sympthoms i have such as shallow breathing.

Anyone have a similar story and advice?

BobbyDog
28-10-12, 16:00
I have the shallow breathing; and the best advice I can give is to accept it and hopefully it will eventually go away. When it happens, relax all the muscles in your body instead of tensing them. Keep doing the things that scare, challenge your anxiety.

Sarah.

dread
28-10-12, 22:24
Not totally the same, but I suppose it can be applied... I had my first major anxiety attack in bed, and for months I found it hard to sleep in the bed or stay in the room without having another one. I think it's like panic by association. Some part of you is remembering the simple point of "I felt this way when I was away from home" and so putting yourself in that place again is causing the panic. Bobby is totally right- you just need to reassure yourself that you are fine and safe and eventually the association will be broken.