PDA

View Full Version : panic

maximus1975
28-10-12, 14:28
hi there thought it was about time i joined this site as my anxiety is turning into panic attacks again, alchahol in the past has been my main reason for anxiety , although i have given up drinking lately the main fuel of my anxiety i believe is ive been told ive got very very high cholestrol despite this i hadnt had a full blown panic attack until i went into hospitol last week for pancretitis, the nurse put 10ml of morphine into me way to fast (according to my doc) sent me into a full blown panic attack , when i came out of hospitol panic attacks were fresh on my mind again , i.e when will the next one strike. i was put on queatiapine 200mg at night took it the first night no problem , but last night i woke up at 3 30 am straight into a full blown panic attack i didnt have time to calm myself down. i necked a couple of valium ran around the house like a mad man tyring to calm myself down , im hoping it was the new med that did this im not going to take it tonight as i have a meeting with a dr tomorrow ,MEANWHILE IM LEFT DREADING MY NXT ATTACK

nomorepanic
28-10-12, 14:40
Hi maximus1975

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

maximus1975
28-10-12, 16:07
is anybody there

nomorepanic
28-10-12, 16:27
Sunday is a very quiet day on the forum I am afraid. I am sure people will be along soon to reply.

MARK1971
28-10-12, 16:33
hi there, i have panic attacks for the past 15 years and while i wont lie to you they are soul destroying they will always pass although at times that does not always appear to be the case. it is the fear of the fear (as myself and friend labelled it) that adds to the panic and so encourages the vicious cycle. just try to hold any positive thought while they are happening and try to see them for what they are. just panic rearing its ugly head. they do pass i promise

maximus1975
28-10-12, 16:42
thanks yeh i thought id got rid of them for good until i went into hospitol your totally right its the fear of the nxt one coming along , im trying to look at it in that ill deal with it when it happens but its no fun that is for sure .

MARK1971
28-10-12, 16:53
yea you seem to have same as me. a general underlying anxiety that i manage to plod along with however every and now again normally when i start to let it or an accompanying symptom annoy me the anxiety then develops into full blown panic that subsides, then another wave more likely a tsunami of panic then descends on me. however i normally can recover quite quickly and move on. i have kinda got used to them like that annoying friend we all have. hope this helps

maximus1975
28-10-12, 17:07
mark how bad are your panic attacks when there at there worst,i almost start fitting i definatly cant stay still , ill open a book but the words are not registering, when you had your first ever major one did you feel like you were dieing as i feel like im having a heart attack

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

one thing that fuels my anxiety is i have a phobia of heart attacks , ive been diagnosed with very high cholestrol i feel this is a main part of my problem

MARK1971
28-10-12, 17:12
hiya when i had my first one i was walking the pictures with some friends and no exaggeration i went from one side of the pavement to the other and then slumped onto the pavement convinced i was about to die. the accompanying palpitations led me to dialling 999 and thus my descent into the panic cycle began. when they are at there worse the world and everything around seems to spin quite violently and i almost freeze up. i normally have to hold on to something to steady myself and wait for them to pass providing i dont add the fear of the fear. i always with out a shadow of a doubt get very agitated and begin to pace, when i know one is brewing as that is how long i have them i can spot the signs a mile off. honestly hang in there.....

maximus1975
28-10-12, 17:41
i have the exact same feelings my friend , do you take any meds to stop them these days mark

MARK1971
28-10-12, 17:49
hi maximus, no i dont i had anti-depressants about 15years ago for a psychotic depression but for panic attacks i dont take anything i have an emergency supply of diazepam handy just on case but i tend just to see them through to the bitter end. as i know they will always pass however intense or severe they are. but hey if you need to take something do that might not work for everyone but diazepam is only a short term medicine. on a really really bad day i just write the day off, stay in bed and wait for tomorrow so i cant start again. obviously if i am work like tonight a quite 5mins on my own normally does the trick

maximus1975
28-10-12, 18:13
man that is very brave , hangovers are a big trigger for me hence why ive had to give up drinking , all i no is at 3 30 last night i thought i was a gonner woke up feeling nackered and drained think im just gunna have to tough this one out , i hate this anxiety thing its been with me for far to long im just gutted these attacks have started again

MARK1971
28-10-12, 18:21
i know mate handovers are big trigger for me as yesterday proved but the high of friday night out was worth it. brave or stupid the jury out on that one. guess like i said just learned to live with them even if on occasions i get stumped and end up back in the cycle. had a tough couple of months as the panic began to consume me again but i saw it through with a grim determination not to let it beat me. have to go to work shortly but feel free to contact me anytime for advice, help or just some1 to scream at.

maximus1975
28-10-12, 18:44
are your attacks not quite as bad as they used to be, coz i couldnt possibly drink if i was u knowing it might bring one on, i hate being on meds as they make me very tired , but without them i dont see how i could work, if i want to come of them its gunna be a long taper of