PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

brendanh
28-10-12, 14:46
Hello. Today i will be going back on citalopram 10mg and im really freaking out about it. I have taken it on twice before years ago, first time i was ill and the second time i was ok. Now i cant stop thinking that im going to feel really sick and dizzy and will have massive panic attacks from feeling that way. My brain says ill be ok but my mind is telling me otherwise.

How can i reassure myself that ill be ok and nothing bad will happen?

vicky23
28-10-12, 15:36
hmmm not an easy thing to do! the very thing that are supposed to be making us feel better are sometimes very difficult to get the courage to take
So there's always a chance you will suffer side effects,but know that this is all they are and they will pass just like panic itself.
Did it help last time? If so you can also keep repeating to yourself that the week or however long of side effects are worth it for the positive you are going to experience.
I know that there are a lot of posts on here about side effects from cit I would try to ignore those because everyone is so different hopefully it'll be fine for you and you'll have no side effects this time again :)

Aaron_southcoast
28-10-12, 15:54
If you feel that bad about taking it then why take it if it will only make you feel worse?

Other options such as counselling, CBT etc could be more appropriate for you perhaps..........