PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again - Mole issues

Alessa16
28-10-12, 16:02
I am extremely worried for days about my moles. I made countless threads on here recently but one thing goes and another one comes.

:weep: I am like this all the time.

I was in the south in this june and under the sun all day! then I noticed two moles on my belly and My anxiety started. I turned back to milano immediately and ran to doctor. She said they are nothing to worry about but I couldnt be okay. I didnt know much about melanoma at that time so I went to a plastic surgery doctor. She looked my 4 moles ( other 2 placed under my breast and they were there for ages) and 1 week later removed them.

To sum up, She didnt biopsy them and I didnt ask as well.( so much regretssss now)

And I can see a black dot in one of them now like repigment and I am pretty anxiuos about it. If they were cancerous or not

because I have swollen lymph node on my neck and I reallllly believe that I have skin cancer.

Any reassurance would be great becaue its really hard to cope wih this terrible anxiety

rachee24
28-10-12, 18:08
well after reading your thread im am now convinced i have skinn cancer :scared15: as recently i found a small lump in my neck and also have a mole on my back thats been there years and never got it checked about 5 years i think! now u got me thinkin i have skin cancer from that mole and now that lymph node is up make me even more scared :weep::weep: if my mole has been the same for 5 years i would of been ill bu now wouldnt i? ive had the lymph check and doc sed it was fone tho ???

Annie0904
28-10-12, 18:12
Doctors usually know just by looking at moles. I have had mine checked before by the doctor and they are all fine. If yours has been there rachee for 5 years and there have been no changes in it then it will be fine. I have lots. It is often a good idea to have them checked by your doctor but if the doctor says they are fine then let that reassure you. They know what they are looking for and if they were unsure about one they would investigate further. :hugs: x

Alessa16
28-10-12, 18:14
If you have it for 5 years without change then you cannot have skin cancer :) Im so sorry If i made you scared but please dont worry.. 5 years are very long time you would be dead already by now you dont have skin cancer:hugs:

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

But I dont know I have or not because mine is only 2.5 months ago

Annie0904
28-10-12, 18:22
But you have had yours checked by your doctor Alessa so you will be fine x

Alessa16
28-10-12, 18:26
But anyway, doctor had to check them but she didnt! and plus I can see a black dot in one of them plus I have swollen lymph node which makes me think about cancer more and more

Annie0904
28-10-12, 18:32
Have them checked again Alessa when you go home just to reassure you :hugs: x

lo89
28-10-12, 18:38
Try not to worry. Melanoma is one of my worries and I am also stressing about a mole I have and my lymph nodes have been swelling also. I am waiting to see a dermatologist but my doctor said he wasn't worrying about it and only referred me because I asked!
Doctors do know straight away when a mole looks dangerous. Typically, melanomas are larger than a pencil eraser, asymmetrical, irregular, itchy or sore, scaly, have patches of colour on them, and change in appearance.
something else which I didn't know about melanoma is that it is actually the least common type of skin cancer by far! So whilst skin cancer is pretty common, most skin cancers are not melanoma! The other types of skin cancer are far less dangerous and far more common!

Alessa16
28-10-12, 18:44
Thanks guys for all replying.
I want to believe too that my doctor who removed them would send to biopsy if they were suspicious but part of me says If they were cancerous and she couldnt see. My thoughts are fighting in my mind

lo89
28-10-12, 18:47
yes they would biopsy them if they had any sort of doubt that there was anything wrong.

Alessa16
28-10-12, 18:50
But whats the black dot I see on my scar?? I am going crazy. Anyone has an idea or experience it before?

lo89
28-10-12, 18:53
Hoe big is the dot? I have never had a mole removed

Alessa16
28-10-12, 18:58
no tiny flat black dot. like the tip of a pencil

lo89
28-10-12, 19:00
it could honestly be anything but as I said, melanomas are much larger than what you are describing. It could be a bit scar tissue or something. How was your mole removed?

rachee24
28-10-12, 19:03
Thanks for your reply its a bloody ugly mole had it there all my life but only can remember as far as 5 years ago! I always male sure its coverd and got cream on it durin the hot seasons.. But u always have that dount that sends HA into full attack.. I've had kids and numerous blood counts etc durin the last 5 years so I assume something wudda been picked up if were serious? And don't worry honeslty u didn scare me the thought already crossed my mind just readin your thread made it all come back X

Alessa16
28-10-12, 19:03
she cut them off and stitched up..

lo89
28-10-12, 19:09
It could be the wound healing?
Rachee, my mile looks hideous. Bet mines is uglier than yours!

rachee24
28-10-12, 19:17
Lol so ur mole is hidious but isn't cancerious?? I hate my mole always concious and covering it I can't wear boob tubes cos its at the top right of my back most awkward bloody place to be!! X

lo89
28-10-12, 19:21
Apparently it isn't cancerous. I am seeing a dermatologist soon, but it hasn't changed since I was a child. Mines is quite large and is white in the middle! So the actual mole is ring shaped. Strangest mole I have ever seen anyway!

rachee24
28-10-12, 19:26
Lol that did male me giggle! Mine brown but a type of two tone sligjtly raised on the top but always had been and aboit the size of a 5p but like I sed its been like that as far as I can rememeber its never bled itched or changed but if I look at ut closey I can see the skin underneath slightly anf the skin underneath looks normal and pink! They are such horrible things moles and worrisome how do they form and y are they even there? Just to kill people probably!! X

lo89
28-10-12, 19:30
Apparently it is a build up of pigment. I agree they are horrible, I have quite a few large moles and I just want them all removed if I am honest but I would just worry so much whilst waiting on biopsy results! Go to your doctor and get it checked out but it doesn't sound serious to me at all!