PDA

View Full Version : I need advice please

suzanne
11-08-06, 09:35
Hi

Please please please can anyone give me any advice.

I am due to go to a third wedding this summer on sat and yes im dreading it again!!!

The other two i got through and had a great time except i didnt make the church. I just cant keep still. I hate waiting.my anxiety just rockets and i have to run out, the last two i went to i sat outside on my own like a freak. As soon as everyone comes out im fine, until the speakes, thats the same, i go and hide in the toilets until they are over.

This wedding is my partners family i know a few people and this time my daughter who is my rock (shes 14) is coming so that will help, but has anyone got any advice to give me on how to sit still. I have tried the breathing but it does work i just get the overwelming fear.

Thank you for listening:(

s shaw

polly daydream
11-08-06, 10:00
Hi Suzanne, it's hard isn't it, at least as you say your daughter will be there to support you, just look straight ahead and not around at everybody as that can make you feel overwelmed, I am just the same, I try and think of my favourite place which is by the sea and it does relax me a little, I can then at least stay the whole time without running away from the situation. Also keep using your breathing techniques, it will help.

Let me know how you get on, have a great day and try not to worry you will be fine.

Take care,

Polly

hayles
11-08-06, 11:01
I can get a bit like this.
Suck a sweet to occupy you and take a bottle of water with you.
Have you tried rescue remedy. Or some Homeopathic tablets called AAA. They help for phobias and panic situations... I took these on my flight to honeymoon this year and they were really good.

Hope you have a good time xxx

Hay x

mackncody
11-08-06, 18:03
Hi. This is weird and probably a carryover of my OCD but when I feel panic-y I spell words in my head. Anything and it keeps my mind occupied on a at least a few things, I can never just think of one thing the best I can hope for is two. Or look around at the people around you and try to pick the ones you think are the most bored! I'll bet some are! Sorry I'm strange and this stuff might not work for you. Hope it helps! Good Luck. You'll be fine.

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

Wenjoy
11-08-06, 18:11
Hi ther e- its true if you look straight ahead and forget there are people around you and think of an animal for every letter of the alphabet eg a for ant, b for beetle etc until you can leave the church - try it!! love wenjoy x

honeybee3939
11-08-06, 20:34
Hi Suzanne,

I can understand how you feel, the wedding i went to around 4 weeks ago i was terrified thinking i would have to leave as i find it hard going to any social events, i did manage to cope with the service although at times i thought i was going to panic. I dont no if you have a digital camera but what helped me was flicking through the pics on the camera while i was sat there, it took my mind off the horrid thoughts i was having, i felt great after the wedding knowing i had managed to beat the anxiety, it gave me a real boost, i went to another wedding last saturday and i was fine. You will be fine too Suzanne try and distract yourself from your thoughts, after all they are only thoughts and thoughts cant hurt you.

Love

Andrea
xxx

juju
11-08-06, 20:47
hi
i was the same as you a wedding a couple of weeks ago all morn got myself in a right state, worse than what it actually was (again) tell yourself your not scared and if it wants to come-come and i bet it wont
take care
juju

we are all stronger people after having this

suzanne
13-08-06, 10:59
Hi all

Thank you all so much for your advice, i took it all on board.

I was fine only a little anxious at first, but the reception i was my old self again and had a great time.

Once again thank you.

positive thinking is a great help.

Love suzanne

s shaw

polly daydream
13-08-06, 19:21
Fantastic Suzanne, well done, knew you could do it and enjoyed it to, even better. Thinking positive is the way forward.

Take care,

Polly x