PDA

View Full Version : so glad I found you

barbrabaker
28-10-12, 18:57
I've just stumbles across the website and I'm sitting here in tears having read symptoms of panic attacks. I've been backwards and forwards to doctors, spent a small fortune on alternative therapies and spend every waking hour worrying about my " illnesses". I couldn't believe my eyes as I began reading!! I think I have most of the symptoms described...tingling, vision,breathing, digestion, muscle tension, headaches, feeling of imminent fainting. They started after the death of my father from cancer 5 years ago and are getting worse to the point I am avoiding situations where my panics happen. I am constantly wired and never sit still and sleep for only a few hours each night. I keep thinking I have brain cancer, am having a stroke or heart attack and am embarrassed that people think I am a hypochondriac. I don't tell anyone now when I'm feeling lousy. I can almost feel myself breath a sigh of relief and will be going to see my doctor again to talk about this.
Thank you so much

ricardo
28-10-12, 19:01
You are not alone on here. Some great people on here. Spend some time looking around the site especially symptoms to possibly help you. All the very best.

maximus1975
28-10-12, 19:02
i hear what your saying the symptoms are not very fun and ive had them all in the past had an ambulance out several times , and yes i feel my most comfortable when at the docs

nomorepanic
28-10-12, 19:07
Hi barbrabaker

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
28-10-12, 19:29
Welcome to the forums! :)

Laura123
28-10-12, 19:34
Welcome :) we all know exactly what you are going through! Hope that helps a bit x

BobbyDog
28-10-12, 19:36
Well done Barbarabaker for deciding to see your doctor about your symptoms, it is the first step toward conquering your anxiety. I hope we can also help you on your road to recovery.

almamatters
28-10-12, 20:48
:welcome: sure you will get lots of help and advice