PDA

View Full Version : Lingual tonsils?

ReissG
28-10-12, 21:40
New problem all.

As I mentioned in my last post, for a while it's felt like something was stuck underneath/on the right side of my tongue, today I was feeling around and found lumps either side of the back of the tongue.

The right side where I'm feeling this "stuck" feeling has ever ever ever so slightly bigger lingual tonsils, but there is also this tiny skin coloured ulcer amongst them. I started picking it and suddenly a tiny little blood came out, but it wasn't actually bleeding, like a patch of blood.

The feeling comes and goes, but is there more often then not because I can't get it off my mind.

When I move my tongue away from any part of my mouth (so my lingual tonsils weren't touching any part of my mouth) and the feeling was still there, which shows they are not causing the problem, but I freaked because I felt and saw this fleshy coloured lump (again it's not a big lump, the same shape and size of a new ulcer, so absolutely tiny)

Now I think I have Tonsil cancer.

That's tonsil, throat, mouth, tongue and lymphoma.

I have Doctors wednesday, but just wanted to know if people could feel theres and if one side was bigger then the other.

(if you don't know where they are, the back sides of your tongue)

Thanks guys.

lo89
28-10-12, 21:54
I don't know where the things you are talking about are, and im not going to look for them as I will probably begin to worry about it haha!
I do have one side larger than the other on the glands under my jaw though. I felt my boyfriends and he has also got odd sizes of glands. I would imagine tonsils would be similar x

ReissG
28-10-12, 21:57
haha yes don't get yourself worried dear!
Nothing is symmetrical, but thanks to Dr Google (I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID IT) I'm now so panicked and scared. My appetite was just starting to come back, literally an hour before the panic attack my boyfriend had gone to get us a Chinese take away because I was STARVING for the first time in a week and then bang!
I go looking for a lumps and bumps and find them, google it, scare myself and lock myself up until I can go to the Dr :'(

lo89
28-10-12, 22:03
How big are they? Health anxiety makes me a crazy woman. Try and eat - not eating just makes you lose weight and poo less which isn't good for health anxiety sufferers! Even if you are not hungry, force food down!

ReissG
28-10-12, 22:09
lmao oh dear, they aren't even a MM in size.
But because Dr Google says "any ulcer in the mouth that doesn't heal is a strong indication of oral cancer"

and one of the tonsils is a flesh coloured ulcer looking thing that I don't have on the left side. It must have been there all my life, must have, could I really be so unfortunate to let my anxiety tell me I have cancer and then actually find cancer lol

I'm so drained it's unreal

lo89
28-10-12, 22:14
That is exactly what I say to myself! People who have cancer don't spend days on end looking for cancer, they discover it by accident, which means that the symptoms must be pretty noticeable! Do you eat a lot of salt? That can cause mouth ulcers, as can stress!

ReissG
28-10-12, 22:22
The feeling of having something stuck on my tongue comes and goes, so if there was a cancerous lump there, it would be permanent, but sometimes it goes. It feels like muscle tension, I think that could be it.

Jenni Lee
14-06-15, 02:51
New problem all.

As I mentioned in my last post, for a while it's felt like something was stuck underneath/on the right side of my tongue, today I was feeling around and found lumps either side of the back of the tongue.

The right side where I'm feeling this "stuck" feeling has ever ever ever so slightly bigger lingual tonsils, but there is also this tiny skin coloured ulcer amongst them. I started picking it and suddenly a tiny little blood came out, but it wasn't actually bleeding, like a patch of blood.

The feeling comes and goes, but is there more often then not because I can't get it off my mind.

When I move my tongue away from any part of my mouth (so my lingual tonsils weren't touching any part of my mouth) and the feeling was still there, which shows they are not causing the problem, but I freaked because I felt and saw this fleshy coloured lump (again it's not a big lump, the same shape and size of a new ulcer, so absolutely tiny)

Now I think I have Tonsil cancer.

That's tonsil, throat, mouth, tongue and lymphoma.

I have Doctors wednesday, but just wanted to know if people could feel theres and if one side was bigger then the other.

(if you don't know where they are, the back sides of your tongue)

Thanks guys.

I have the same type of thing going on. I'm seeing a dentist in a week. I have been on antibiotics for it and no change.

It won't let me post an image yet (stupid), otherwise I'd show you. It seems to be on either side of my lingual tonsil and looks like tonsil tissue but it's on the sides of my tongue in the very back. The nodules are about a half inch in diameter and hard. I'm thinking since it's on both sides its likely not cancer, although it doesn't hurt which is concerning.

Email me if you're untreated in seeing a pic.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Also, I think it's possible we have lingual tonsil stones. It's pretty rare, but possible. Once I have an answer I will repost.

Tmedezo
04-05-17, 06:57
Tonsil stones, man. There are palatine, lingual, and salivary.
Sounds like you might have lingual tonsil stones.
Yes, it is a thing.
Not deadly- just a pain in the bum.

Fishmanpa
04-05-17, 12:35
With respect, unless you're a trained medical professional, you have no idea what you're feeling. AND.. because of the location, it's not something you would readily see or know what you were looking at. Besides, the linguals are so far back and under you'd make yourself gag trying to find them. I know... I'm a head and neck cancer survivor and I had a team of trained professionals poking and prodding my oral cavity. I also had both my palatine and lingual tonsils removed looking for the primary site (which they never found).

Who knows what's going on to cause your symptoms. Allergies to imagination, but oral cancer?... not IMO.

Positive thoughts

(and please no pics of Mouth Caverns... no one can tell or really wants to look inside your mouth ;) )