PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about reflux or what else it could be

Nighttime pacer
28-10-12, 22:31
Hi all
I've had mild gastritis in the past and am on omeprazole for reflux. Recently my health anxiety has been through the roof and the lump in my throat feeling has come back and also my reflux seems worse. I've noticed if I drink a large glass of water quickly it can almost feel like it's trying to come back up. I had an endoscopy done about 18months ago and everything was fine. My gastroenterologist said stress can make a lot of reflux problems worse. I've had blood tests done and all fine. He did mention that after doing a colonoscopy on me that I had some mild microscopic inflammation in my bowel but that he wasn't concerned about it and he'll just keep an eye on me.
I'm going to see him for a chat next Monday.
I wish I could stop stressing about my health but I can't. It's the thing I think about most and has been for months.
I'm having therapy but it's a slow process.
Sorry for Rambling.
Nighttime Pacer

SamanthaAU
28-10-12, 23:30
Goodness yes! Stress and anxiety definitely makes my reflux worse!! How long have you been on the tablets for?

I take Nexium and I had to go up a dose to get it back under control and then I got dropped back down again.

Nighttime pacer
29-10-12, 00:32
I've been on the tablets (20mg omeprazole once a day) for about 4 years. I dropped down to 10mg for a while but since my anxiety's been bad I need the 20mg. Also, I realised I lost weight due to a bad period of anxiety but have now put it back and my reflux is worse again. I'll try and lose the weight again as I read that can help. I've never been really heavy but 5'10'' and was 168 pounds and now about 175. I think if I could get down to about 160 it would really help so am going to exercise more and lots of walking and taking photos (recently got into photography) I think the exercise will calm me down and help me be fitter and hopefully help my reflux.
Thanks for the feedback