PDA

View Full Version : Anyone afraid when a bad storm is coming?

panickyme
28-10-12, 22:58
I am sitting here at home tonight, with lots of anxiety. I live on the East coast in the USA. We are starting to feel the affects of a major hurricane. It is supposed to be a 2-3 day event. The weather people, and the media have ramped this thing up. I think people without anxiety are panicking. Anyway we are under a state of emergency, which means you may not drive on the roadways, only emergency vehicles. No stores, no school, no nothing! That freaks me out. (no work which, is one good thing!:)):scared15: Now I am freaking what if something happens to me or my family, how will I get to the hospital? My husband is a survivor and has us well prepared for the heavy rain and 80 mph winds. I am stocked up with food, and water, and we have a generator if we should lose electric. So why am I a wreck. I should be worried about a tree falling on my house, instead I worry about health, and how I'm going to live through this. :ohmy:

MissHDynamite
28-10-12, 23:18
Hello.. Totally understandable. How frigtening that must be but... like you said, your husband has everything all prepared so you can trust, that if you needed to get somewhere (even though you won't :)), he would get you there one way or the other.

Keep warm, safe and as relaxed as you possibly can.. will be thinking about you all.
:hugs: x

PanchoGoz
28-10-12, 23:21
I was about to post a very similar thread! It must be really bad for you where you live, much sympathey for you. For me, it brings up old apocalyptic and future fears..

swgrl09
29-10-12, 01:59
I am on the East Coast as well, in Connecticut waiting for the hurricane to come up here. The news is acting like it is the end of the world, it is quite frightening! I hope it is not as bad as it seems. Just time to hunker down and ride it out. Stay safe, hopefully the worst that happens is a power outage and everybody stays ok. Evacuations along the sound have been pretty scary.

panickyme
29-10-12, 02:45
Thank you so much! Ugh, I'm in Pa. and I can't stand this!!! It's 10:30 on Sunday night, and the brunt of it is supposed to come through the night, all day tomm, and into Tues. I'm afraid to put my head down tonight to sleep. I will probably be up all night worrying. I can't even imagine what NY is like tonight. I hope everything goes well for you up there, you stay safe also. Good luck. :)

little scientist
29-10-12, 08:12
Swgrl09 and panickyme (and any others resident in the at risk areas) I'll be thinking of you, stay safe and warm!

Annie0904
29-10-12, 09:07
Thinking of you all on the East Coast USA and sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: xx

Wolfie
29-10-12, 09:29
Thinking of you! x

Angelica
29-10-12, 11:15
Thinking of all of you from Australia. stay safe:hugs:You will be ok because you have your family you are not alone....

panickyme
29-10-12, 12:27
I thank everyone so much! I have never, never had to endure a storm like this,(very anxious) this is awful. This storm has not even made landfall yet, and the effects are unbelievable. (massive) The good thing is I made it through the night, and I still have electric, knock on wood. My poor little hotdog (dachshund) blows away when she goes outside to go potty. She will be glad when this is over also. :)

Annie0904
29-10-12, 12:29
Keep us updated, I hope it won'e be so bad when it does reach land :hugs:

panickyme
29-10-12, 12:32
Awwww, I will, thank you for riding this out with me!:weep:

Annie0904
29-10-12, 12:35
I am been watching on the news here in England and really feel for you going through this. I have friends in Virginia so wondering if it is headed that way too? :hugs::hugs:

MissHDynamite
29-10-12, 19:51
Hello.. Just watching Fox News and thinking about you.. let us know how your doing if you can :hugs:x

panickyme
29-10-12, 19:57
Still have electric, and still freaking out, as this storm is getting ready to make landfall. The winds are incredible. Probably up to 65 mph. The trees are bending and my sm. stream is rising. We are safe, and warm so far. (but anxious) The storm is still at sea 75 miles away from making land. Through the night is when It will be most powerful. I can't imagine what tonight will bring!!!!!! if it's like this already. Virginia is being affected also, not quite sure exactly how bad yet, but I will keep you informed. I hope your friends are all safe, and again thanks for sticking with me.:)

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Awwww MissHDynamite, thank you!!!! Very nervous, going to play some games on here now!:)

Annie0904
29-10-12, 19:58
Still here waiting and thinking about you. Sending you lots of :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: xx

speckles69uk
29-10-12, 20:19
Thinking of you all, and wishing you all well. Keep us posted, if you can, on how things are.

Take care

Rebecca

Annie0904
29-10-12, 22:03
Just watching news here again and thinking about you and wondering how you are doing? :hugs: xx

lleksam
29-10-12, 22:26
Best of luck, I hope everything works out and you and your family and friends remain safe!

mandshere2000
29-10-12, 22:30
Hi to you all who are sheltering from the storm over in the USA
Sending big:hugs: to you and thinking of you all, please keep
as safe as you can.....will be here to support you if you can post
and want to chat:hugs:
Manda

swgrl09
30-10-12, 03:56
Hi all, thanks for your support and prayers! We're doing ok ... down along the water in Connecticut has been really destroyed by flooding, I am grateful to not be in that area. The winds are crazy! Hopefully through the worst of it now. The whole state has been closed down.

Thanks for the thoughts :hugs: Hope you are doing ok, panickyme and all others in the area!

MissHDynamite
30-10-12, 12:35
Glad to hear your ok.. Kept watching the updates form England, it must have been very frightening. I can only think panickyme is unable to get online as I did hear them say lots of power down in her area. Just hope she and her family are safe and well and look forward to hearing from her. :hugs:x

Laura123
30-10-12, 13:48
Just watching the news and it looks horrendous, here in Scotland we get some terrible winds and storms but it's so much worse in cities with sky scrapers etc. must be very scary. Hope it passes soon. Xx

swgrl09
30-10-12, 14:20
yes, lots of power outages. I am so glad ours didn't go out like it did last year. New York City was hit very hard ... water in the subways, the skyline was dark ... scary!

panickyme
01-11-12, 01:36
UGH!!!!! Still no power, and still have much muscle tension, my nerves are shot! Going on our 5th day without. We have a generator, but our cable which runs our television, telephone, and internet just came back on so I am able to type. Still have no water, no stores, no school, no work, it is kind of erie, like a ghost town, with much destruction. It is devastating. There are many people that lost there homes, I am blessed my home is still standing. My heart goes out to those people, I can't even imagine, the pictures I have seen, just kinda make you want to cry, very sad. Trees, and wires down everywhere, and people panicking everywhere. Very, very scarey. We have endured many storms before, but nothing like this. The clean up will takes months. Just glad my family and I are fine. Thank you all for your kind messages, I was lucky to have all of you. Wish I could of talked the night it came through, I was a wreck, and tried to keep it cool for my family. It's nice to have people care for you in a time of need. Swgrl soooooooo glad you are doing well good news! :)

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Not kinda makes you want to cry, you do cry when you see it very sad.:weep: my thoughts are with all families who had to live through this, and I hope that they will pull through.

MissHDynamite
01-11-12, 01:48
Hello you :) So happy you got through it.. Well done. Have been watching the news and can see the devastation it has left behind. Our hearts go out to those who have lost loved ones and homes. Once again well done and just to say... See, your stronger than you think :hugs: to all your family x

speckles69uk
01-11-12, 02:08
I'm so glad to hear you and your families are ok and my sympathies go out to those that have lost their lives and their homes. It must be awful to live through what you're going through. Keep us posted on how things are.

Thinking of you all

Take care :bighug1:

Rebecca

xxx

Annie0904
01-11-12, 08:49
Pleased to hear you got safely through this but I guess it is going to take time to get everything cleaned up and back to normal over there. My thought are with you, take care :hugs:

Angelica
01-11-12, 21:48
So glad you and family are ok.:) sending love from Australia.....

panickyme
02-11-12, 15:19
Can I just tell you, you guys are the best!!!!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for hanging in there with me, all the prayers, and thoughts, really help. We are now another day with no power, and no life, you have to travel far for gas for your car/generator, and the lines are 2 hour waits. People are getting a little crazy, some mean, but in general many nice. It is still like a ghost town, and I just have to be patient, crews are working around the clock to restore some kind normal life. Very anxiety provoking!!!! I love my family, but I don't know how long I can stay in 1 room with all of us anymore.(4 kids, and a pain in the beep husband) They are not babies thank goodness, my baby is 16! We have a generator that gives us television, light, and keeps my food good in the refrigerator, but very limited. ( I just have to keep saying how lucky I am, cause there are many that are not so fortunate) In other words count my blessings!!!! MISSHDYNAMITE you are dynamite, we are all so lucky to have you here, you have been standing by my side from the beginning, and I thank you for that, your kind words, are enough to pull me through each day, and annie I could sure use one of those SAD lights now. Thank you all!!!!!
:bighug1:Debbi

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Going to read, and play some games, to try and pass time, and keep busy, and not try to think to much, or I think I will go nuts!!!!!!!!

Annie0904
02-11-12, 15:20
Can I just tell you, you guys are the best!!!!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for hanging in there with me, all the prayers, and thoughts, really help. We are now another day with no power, and no life, you have to travel far for gas for your car/generator, and the lines are 2 hour waits. People are getting a little crazy, some mean, but in general many nice. It is still like a ghost town, and I just have to be patient, crews are working around the clock to restore some kind normal life. Very anxiety provoking!!!! I love my family, but I don't know how long I can stay in 1 room with all of us anymore.(4 kids, and a pain in the beep husband) They are not babies thank goodness, my baby is 16! We have a generator that gives us television, light, and keeps my food good in the refrigerator, but very limited. ( I just have to keep saying how lucky I am, cause there are many that are not so fortunate) In other words count my blessings!!!! MISSHDYNAMITE you are dynamite, we are all so lucky to have you here, you have been standing by my side from the beginning, and I thank you for that, your kind words, are enough to pull me through each day, and annie I could sure use one of those SAD lights now. Thank you all!!!!!
:bighug1:Debbi

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Going to read, and play some games, to try and pass time, and keep busy, and not try to think to much, or I think I will go nuts!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your update and sending you more :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

panickyme
02-11-12, 15:26
AWWWWWW Annie I love your hugs, thank you! :hugs:

swgrl09
03-11-12, 02:08
Hi Panickyme, have you got power back yet? Everything on the news is so awful, I hope you are hanging in there. You're in my thoughts!

MissHDynamite
03-11-12, 02:49
Aww Panicky.. I am glad we helped even if just in a small way. It must quite surreal over there but your over the worst now and you did great! I know they are working 24 hours to get things somewhat back to normal. Hubby and four kids in the same room... You'll be ready for a glass of wine then :D Hey... How's little doggy? xx

panickyme
04-11-12, 21:23
swgrl, I HAVE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!! The first thing I did is flush the toilet, just because I could! Then dishes, a load of wash. I tell ya the things we take for granted. (the finer things) Stores are open, and yuck back to work tomm. and my little man is back to school. Now they are calling for another storm coming in on Wednesday, wind rain/snow, when does it end???? (this one not nearly as bad though) Awww MissDynamite that little dog of mine is doing awesome, she is the best!!!! I like her more than my husband! lol thanks for asking. (she's a trooper) :ohmy:

swgrl09
05-11-12, 12:49
YAY!! I know, the next storm already, agh! Hopefully it won't be a bad one. Sounds like rain for us, but they are mostly worried abotu the people who still don't have power. It's getting cold!

I am back to work too, had hardly any last week due to outages! I am so glad yours is back on!

panickyme
05-11-12, 22:39
UGHHHHHHH you're not kidding it is getting so cold, so fast. They are calling for 40-50 mph winds, and wet snow. yuck!!!! I can't lose this electric again, I will go nuts!! I went back to work today also (hate it) Big headache tonight! But glad to get back to normal.:)

MissHDynamite
06-11-12, 00:17
Hiya Debbi.. Sounds like your having fun getting back to normal. So glad you have managed to flush that loo :doh:

What a week you've all had over there.. 40 50 winds are a walk in the park for you now, your the storm queen! :D

Thank you so much offering your support on my thread yesterday and so glad the little doggy is ok.. agreed they are so much nicer then men, although we best not say that about yours (for this week anyway) as he did get you all prepared. Bigs to you all :bighug1:x

jessicalittler79
06-11-12, 01:53
Hi I live in Ohio and we are feeling some affects from the storm , I can't imagen how u guys feel in the east coast my heart goes out to u all , now that being said yea I have storm panic bad bad , I fear it bad when I know we have a storm coming I taken my kids to basement and my family thinks I am over reacting , I stay In a bad attacks , and I wounder how 911 will get me If something goes wrong or if lights go out I understand how u feel 100% hope all is well with ya take care

swgrl09
06-11-12, 12:43
So the snow is coming in tomorrow!! It was freezing this morning, had to scrape ice off my car before I went out to the poles to vote! Ah! Lets hope it is not too bad tomorrow night. I hope everybody who still is without power stays safe!

panickyme
06-11-12, 23:06
Awwww Jessica, that storm was huge, I get so nervous, (dumb) but I do! Now here comes another one, they say now 60 mph winds, and snow/rain/snow. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE POWER AGAIN!:ohmy: Swgrl Can you believe this? I went to vote today also at lunch time, it was packed. Miss Dynamite, I will stand by you with anything, anytime! I'm there. I hope you are feeling better, and yes,:) I guess I better keep that hubby of mine around, he is good during storms. I will be thinking of you.:hugs:

Annie0904
06-11-12, 23:08
I hope the weather forecast has got it wrong for you this time and it is not so bad xx

swgrl09
07-11-12, 13:19
Thanks!! For us, it is looking like snow/ice up near where I live ... so I hope I can get out of work early. I HATE driving in this weather. I wish my fiance would do the same but he doesn't worry about it, leaving me to worry about him on the roads.

swgrl09
07-11-12, 19:54
Just drove home in the snow... usually I have a 40 minute commute but it took almost two hours ... it's worse than they were saying and my fiance can't come home from work until later when the roads are worse. I'm nervous for him! My shoulders are sooo tense from the drive, just took a hot shower to try to relax a bit. How are you doing, Panickyme? Anything where you live?

Annie0904
07-11-12, 20:03
I always worry in the bad weather when my husband is travelling. We will all be sitting waiting for your fiance to get home now swgrl so please let us know :)

swgrl09
07-11-12, 23:37
aw thanks annie! everybody here is so kind and thoughtful, it's really wonderful.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

getting a bit nervous ... he left an hour ago and normally takes twenty minutes to get home ... hoping he is just going slow and being safe, don't want to call and distract him.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

just kidding, he just walked in :) phew

MissHDynamite
08-11-12, 02:54
Thanks Debbi.. hugs back :hugs: And yes, hang on to the hubby, they come in handy sometimes :D

swgrl.. Glad to see your partner arrived home safe..

Keep safe you guys xx

Annie0904
08-11-12, 09:56
I hope the storm hasn't got too bad out there for you? xx

swgrl09
08-11-12, 13:29
Well, we have power and I am grateful for that. We ended up with a foot of snow when they predicted about 2 inches ... good work weathermen (sarcasm). It was also quite windy! All in all not too bad though just a typical winter storm and once my fiance was home, it was cozy and pretty outside.

Panickyme, hope you did ok!

panickyme
08-11-12, 16:05
Awwww thanks guys, swgrl you really got a lot of snow, I was really lucky this time, when I drove home last night from work it was snowing, and I was white knuckled, i hate driving at it is, but never really amounted to anything. (hate that media) just really windy. So glad fiance made it home safely!:) and MissH I am so proud of you, just left you a message on your thread, and Annie big hugs to you:hugs:you are all always in my thoughts!

Annie0904
08-11-12, 16:32
I am pleased you have both stayed safe in the snow storms..you are really having a bad time of it with the weather over there. You are both in my thoughts, there maybe a big ocean in between us but I feel we are all close at heart :hugs: xx

panickyme
08-11-12, 19:20
AWWWWW Annie I know, I feel like your our long lost friend. We are lucky we have you!

swgrl09
11-11-12, 01:40
Aww I just saw this response today!!! Wish I saw it earlier. You both are great, and I too feel like we are all close as well :) :hugs:

panickyme
11-11-12, 02:14
My buddies!!!!:D