PDA

View Full Version : Rhodiola Rodesea (anxiety cure?) - My Experience

Dafyddjohndavies
29-10-12, 10:34
Just thought id start a thread to document my experience with this herb RR (Rhodiola Rosea). I have only just started trying this so will try to update the thread everyday with my findings to give a good idea about what it does, and how i've been experiencing it.

It's touted online as being a wonder drug that cures anxiety and makes you feel amazing with very little side effects.

The Herb

This is the exact brand i've been taking Click here (http://www.healthstuff.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=2740&gclid=CIKmg973pbMCFW_KtAodiTYAKQ). I've been taking one per day and this is my second day.

About Me

So I currently suffer from Mild - Medium anxiety. I have had long spells of servere anxiety which included Panic Attacks, health anxiety, agrophopia, and social anxiety. I have coped with through CBT and have managed to control it to a mild to medium level.

I'm now 28 and have managed to stay away from anti depressants and other medications as I wanted to combat this problem myself. However after 10 years of struggling and getting utterly pissed of with always having to control my anxiety I have decided to embrace a herbal remedy that seems to have a lot of positive reviews online.

My Experience So Far...

Day 1

I took my first tablet at 3:30pm last night. I took it while drinking a coke at my parents house then drove back home. I could feel the RR (Rhodiola Rodesea) kicking in after about an hour. It felt similar to having a can of Red Bull, or for those that have been naughty and tried Ecstacy it felt like I started to come up from a pill (which I haven't done since I was 25).

Negative Effects

The excitement and energy seemed to build to a horrible level, I'm no good with stimulants so I didn't find the experience plesant at all. Made me feel a little dizzy and pressure in my head which I attribute to the excessive breathing I was doing trying not to panic. After reading up more about it I discovered this:

"Do not take with caffeine as it considerably increases its stimulant effect."

I have also noticed that it makes me go to the bathroom a lot.

Positive Results

So I suffered this massive stimulant effect for about an hour, then eventually it dissipated and left me with a feeling of calm happiness. Kind of like as if I was having a really great day and nothing could phase me. I felt alert, focussed, energised, and happy. I also noticed that my sex drive had increased considerably (bad news for my wife :D), and those intrusive thoughts in my head had dissapeared.

Sleep

The alertness stayed with me right the way through until around 4am. This meant that I could not sleep. I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling from around 11pm. However it wasn't the anxiety related insomnia that i've had before, I was pretty comfortable and still pretty happy. I just couldn't sleep.

I finally drifted off around 4am and my alarm woke me at 6:30am :doh:

Day 2

So I have just started my 2nd day. Took the RR at 7am, and was driving to work at 7:30. The herb kicked in after about 20mins and without the caffiene it was much more manageable. There was still a conciderable red bull like boost but not to the level that Id had the previous day. I was wide awake within 20mins of driving and felt no ill effects from the lack of sleep. I usually listen to some nice relaxing music in the morning like Zero 7, or Bon Iver but today I had on the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack which had a lot of heavy metal and heavy rock songs... I basically rocked out on a Monday morning on the way to work signing my heart out and having fun..... Very unusual for a Monday morning considering I hadn't slept much.

The energetic high is now starting to calm down to nicer more manageable levels, but I do feel like I could go for a nice long run to burn off some energy.... again this is Monday morning!! Madness. :yahoo:

So it's now 10:30am and I'm at my workstation having quite a nice day. I came into work happy, said bore da (good morning) to everyone and feel pretty good to be honest. I'm told it takes 2 weeks for the proper affects to kick in and it then get much much better.. I am excited!!

****WORK IN PROGRESS I WILL TRY TO UPDATE*****

Tish
29-10-12, 12:50
Thanks for this.. I have some in my cupboard and forget to take it , along with all my other supplements gathering dust, lol.
I tried it a few weeks ago and had a dull headache for the few days I was taking it so I didn't stick with it.
I'll follow your blog and hope for amazing results! x

Serenitie
29-10-12, 15:37
I've never heard of this. Can you take it in conjunction with antidepressants? I'm experiencing lethargy as a side effect of my medication. This might give my energy levels a much needed boost?!

Dafyddjohndavies
29-10-12, 15:47
Youd have to ask your DR, however I have read up online where people have taken it in conjunction and been fine. But i'm not a Dr so I couldn't tell you.

Serenitie
29-10-12, 16:00
Thanks! I'll look into it and follow your posts / blog with interest. I'm glad it's having such positive effects for you :yesyes:

dabrucru
05-11-12, 11:25
its been a week since ive tried it, i love it, i feel calmer, lucid, i also use magnesium. i m finding it helpfull...

Sparkle1984
05-11-12, 20:27
its been a week since ive tried it, i love it, i feel calmer, lucid, i also use magnesium. i m finding it helpfull...

That's really good to hear. :) I'd never heard of this before I read this topic.

dabrucru
05-11-12, 22:00
Neither did i, but realy beleive in natural remedies, so i gave it a try

Dafyddjohndavies
08-11-12, 12:30
Hi guys,

Sorry not been updating this. I'm a biker and been on a motorcycle forum updating the thread on there which has had a load of responses.

Well worth a read: http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=258277&start=0