PDA

View Full Version : Looking stuff up on the Internet

jennielouises
29-10-12, 12:28
Any tips for how to stop myself looking things up on the net about my stomach?

Annie0904
29-10-12, 12:31
just don't do it...if you are really concerned see your doctor. The internet can not see or examine you and Symptoms can be so similar to others. The more you google the more scared you will get. See your doctor, he/she is the only one who can give you the reassurance you need. :hugs:

Eek
29-10-12, 12:34
Dont do it. I have lost count of the amount of times I've googled stuff and regretted it only to have it turn out to be something innocuous. As Annie said go see your doctor and stay away from Dr. Google.

jennielouises
29-10-12, 12:37
I've seen my actual doctor. He has told me it is all ibs related but I just don't believe him! Trouble is I believed him at the time but dr google says that ibs is only in the gut and not the stomach. So even though a real life doctor told me that it can be the case, I find myself believing dr google more and asking dr google over and over again to give merge same answer as my real doctor!

Annie0904
29-10-12, 12:39
ibs affects all of the digestive system but mostly the bowel. If your bowel is affected though it makes sense that you will have problems with the rest of the digestive system. Trust your doctor :hugs: x

Wolfie
29-10-12, 12:40
IBS can cause nausea.

Annie0904
29-10-12, 12:43
If you have problems with your digestive system it can cause all sorts of problems, as Wolfie said, nausea and it can also cause headaches.

Lottie19
29-10-12, 16:46
Have just come onto the forum for the same reason but this time it's my chest. Have had a cough, sore throat, cold on and off for a few weeks and now have husky voice and pain in chest. Have been to the doctors twice and he can't hear an infection but have now convinced myself I have lung cancer (a few weeks ago it was throat cancer). Am finding it so difficult to resist visiting Dr Google, I know it's no good for me but just want to be reassured that it's normal to have a sore chest/husky voice. Come on, we can do this together!!

lo89
29-10-12, 16:53
My gran died of lung cancer. She could not catch her breath at all, and her wheezing was horrific. She didn't have a cold or a husky voice. Hope this reassures you x

anxietyoverload
29-10-12, 17:05
I suffer from IBS and the main symptom I suffer from is Belching, and my stomach been all gassy and feeling sick. I feel sick at least 2 to 3 times a week and its horrid xx

jennielouises
29-10-12, 17:11
Anxietyoverload does it make you feel like you have acid in your stomach? Been good so far and haven't visited dr google since my last message