PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attacks and Experiences

Cindy
11-08-06, 13:08
Hi All My name is Cindy and i am from South Africa this is my first time posting.It all started about 5 months ago in March.I just changed jobs but I never went on leave so I was really tired Learning at work and I just started studying correspondence.I started feeling really tired my muscles started aching and one night I went to bed and I woke up with really fast heart palputations and I was really afraid i thought I was dying.I called my boyfriend and he came over and took me to the emergency room.They immediatelly put me on an ecg machine and tested me for anemia and the doc on call phoned the cardioligist and he said they should book me in and it was just a few months before my 21st
They booked me in ran all kind of heart test.ecg ,ekg They did an abdominal x-rays and ultrasounds to check my organs and everything came back normal.I was discharged.I also started getting indigestion which really freaked me out because I am really afraid of ulcers.I then had a scope done and It came back normal.I also had a urine test done as well as upper chest x-rays and everything came back fine.I was then diagnosed with pani attacks I had lots of symptoms,burning skin sensations ,indigestion,headaches,pins and needles,my left used to go lame and my face used to feel a bit numb .I am feeling a lot better now but my stomach still gets this acidy feeling sometimes.Does anyone experince that

trac67
11-08-06, 13:21
Hi Cindy,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

polly daydream
11-08-06, 16:41
Hi Cindy and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

jackie
11-08-06, 17:54
hiya

sounds all so familiar

your not alone/

jackie

nomorepanic
11-08-06, 18:40
Hi Cindy

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

juju
11-08-06, 20:42
hi
welcome, it sounds like me i get fed up of heartburn and stuff too. my worst symptom was the burning skin, its like it crawls up you even in my chest every where isnt it awful!
take care
juju

we are all stronger people after having this

den64
11-08-06, 21:35
Hi Cindy

Welcome to the site ,

Best wishes

Denise :D:D

honeybee3939
11-08-06, 23:00
Hi Cindy

Welcome to the forum, im sure you will make some new friends you are not alone

Love

Andrea
xxx

ruthb1
12-08-06, 16:25
hi cindy,

welcome to the forum, it sounds all like anxiety related symptoms to me, i suffer with indegestion all the time, acid reflux and it is horrible as my fear is heart attacks and then when you get indigestion pain i freak. you should try and com e onto chat sometime as we have a great laugh and you will also make some friends along the way

take care

ruth

giddy
12-08-06, 18:43
Welcome to the forum Cindy
love Helen

Cindy
14-08-06, 06:55
HI All
Thanks for the replies
Hey ruth my fear is ulcers although I han an endoscope done and they said my tummy is fine.The burning feeling in my tummy is the worst.I would just like to know some of your peoples symptoms, really glad I found this site

hayles
14-08-06, 09:13
HI and welcome x

Hay x

nicjay
14-08-06, 10:38
Hi Cindy

Welcome to the forum ain't it nice to find out you are not alone.

Nicola
xxx

twiglet
14-08-06, 15:48
hi ya cindy,
welcome to the site. you're not alone in all this. you'll get great support here.
take care
love,
twiglet

carly123
15-08-06, 11:20
Hi Cindy,
I have also just joined the forum. I recognise most of the symptoms you describe. I, too, have had all sorts of tests done (except my ecgs were abnormal)and perhaps the most sensible bit of advice I've received is not to rely on them to provide reassurance. Yes, clear test results are reassuring, but what you may find is that you start worrying about all the things they haven't tested for, have they missed something...do you see where I'm going with this?
Try to recognise and accept your symptoms as anxiety related is the main step to getting better. Sounds easy, but I know exactly how hard it is.
Good luck,
Carly.:);)