PDA

View Full Version : swollen lymph nodes behind ear

almamatters
29-10-12, 16:27
Been to GP again today and saw a new doctor, who looked behind my ear and found 3 swollen lymph nodes. Now in uber panic. Are these always a sign of cancer :weep:

lo89
29-10-12, 16:45
No, they can be due to infection, a virus, apparently even stress can cause it. What did the doctor say about them?

rachee24
29-10-12, 17:06
if it were cancerous the doctor would of referred u straight away! i have 1 half way dwn my neck been there over a week and the doctor sed mine was fine and to leave it alone didnt want n e bloods of me?? oh my 2 year old son i got 1 either side of his neck and 2 either side of his groin the doctor even sed they were fine :)

almamatters
29-10-12, 17:06
He felt them and said he was going to arrange some more blood tests. I had bloods done last week and they were all ok apparently!

kirstynic
29-10-12, 17:22
Know exactly how you are feeling going through the same :(

lo89
29-10-12, 17:34
I am also a lymph node worrier, I have got lots of smallish lymph nodes on my groin and one very large one. I also have two enlarged nodes under my chin and some small ones on my scalp which I have always had so I don't worry about them, which is surprising for me! Did your doctor say what size they are?
I would imagine if he is repeating bloods it is because he is looking for an infection or virus which you didn't have last time? Did you ask him what he was testing in the bloods?

almamatters
29-10-12, 17:41
doing full blood count and couple of other things. I mentioned behind ear as have been feeling pain there and told him I thought I had felt a lump. He said they were lymph nodes. I also have one swollen in groin. I am so stressed with all this. I am visiting the doctors weekly at the moment but they are having trouble keeping up with my symptoms.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Said two were small one slightly bigger

lo89
29-10-12, 17:46
Sore lymph nodes are a good sign also. Do you have dandruff? Apparently that can cause scalp lymph nodes to swell also!
I am stressing about my groin node, it is about the size of a broad bean =[

kirstynic
29-10-12, 17:53
Lymph nodes cause so much worry don't they. You hear so much conflicting things about what's a good sign and bad sign. I only could feel one that I was worried about, went for ultrasound and they found more in a different part of my neck :( got to be rescanned in a month

almamatters
29-10-12, 17:57
thank you did not know sore nodes were a good sign? Is there any particular reason why :flowers:

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

one in groin probably bit bigger than a broad bean painful as well

lo89
29-10-12, 20:10
Yes it is good that they are sore as that means they are fighting an infection. Cancerous lymph nodes are generally painless! Think about when you had a bad throat or cold when you were younger and the doctor always squeezes your neck and it is sore. My groin node isn't sore, and I am worrying about that way more than I am worrying about my neck ones which hurt.

kimballs
29-10-12, 20:39
Hi all iam making my self ill over my groin lymph nodes i can feel them more down the left side and i keep checking them and now that side is quite sore has anyone had this also, please reply kim:weep: about 3wks ago i missed a step and fell on to my foot in the garden and took the skin of the little toe and made the second toe in go black and blue, thought it was broken was in so much pain could this be why i can feel them or have they always been there as they are pea size and one big pea??????:weep:

rachee24
30-10-12, 07:43
lymph nodes arnt always sore i got 1 half way down my neck and it doesnt hurt ive also been to the doctor about this..my son has a few and ive taken him to the gp also he sed its ok if there are the size of a pea .moveable and not hurting him in any way! also hes eating fine and his weight is good.so i think if you r fine in yourselfs dont panic?? well i try not too it is hard!

justina
30-10-12, 10:08
I think it can be very individual, my lymph nodes never hurt, not normally and not when I have some infection.

kimballs
30-10-12, 15:11
Hi there would really like someone to reply:welcome:please, this is my 3rd post really dont understand the way ive been feeling:weep: for the past few months groin lymph nodes i can feel on my left side keep touching it at the top of my leg size of a big pea but very tender now as i keep touching it, has anyone had this???:shrug: just called up docs for blood results and said everything looks within range but iam abit anaemic?? is that anything to worry about iam in bits knowing i can feel my lymph node in groin, iam now at the stage i cant think about touching myself as i would be seraching for new ones need help

justina
30-10-12, 15:18
Hi there would really like someone to reply:welcome:please, this is my 3rd post really dont understand the way ive been feeling:weep: for the past few months groin lymph nodes i can feel on my left side keep touching it at the top of my leg size of a big pea but very tender now as i keep touching it, has anyone had this???:shrug: just called up docs for blood results and said everything looks within range but iam abit anaemic?? is that anything to worry about iam in bits knowing i can feel my lymph node in groin, iam now at the stage i cant think about touching myself as i would be seraching for new ones need help

It is really nothing strange to be able to feel some lymph nodes. If it is like a big pea it is still ok, usually doctors say that if it is not more than 2 cm it is nothing to worry about. Maybe you have had some kind of infection/little wound in your leg or foot?
Anemia is a very common thing. Are you a man or a woman?

kimballs
30-10-12, 17:08
Hi justina thanks for replying iam female and had a baby 1st may this year and had half my thyroid taken out three weeks ago today because of having nodules so ive also had a op, however i dont think its related to lymph nodes do you? as its the red blood cells and not the white so stressing

lo89
30-10-12, 17:18
You could be anaemic because of having a baby recently? Did you lose a lot of blood?