PDA

View Full Version : Dr just called requesting to see me after mole removed.

SamanthaAU
29-10-12, 22:09
Hi

I had a small mole removed from my leg last week and I just had the clinic call saying the doctor wanted to see me for 30mins in regards to my pathology results. But that she wouldn't be back until 19th November!!!

I told her that I have Health Anxiety and that I need to speak to someone ASAP as I couldn't face waiting until then. She said she would try to get someone to call me today - the problem is that today I am going in for a day procedure at hospital so will be uncontactable most of the day. (Another thing I am panicing about).

The receptionist that called could hear the panic in my voice I am sure and says that she shouldn't be telling me this but its nothing drastic - but I can't understand why the doctor would want to see me??

God I feel like I am about to loose it - not coping with the hospital visit and now this.

Annie0904
29-10-12, 22:18
Try to take comfort from the words of the receptionist that it is nothing drastic, she would not have told you that if it was. I hope that your day procedure goes well for you, I guess it is bad timing that you got this call on the same day as your hospital visit. Sending you hugs :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: x

SamanthaAU
29-10-12, 22:27
It has to be something bad if she is requesting to see me. I feel ill, I need to have a drink of water and I can't because of the surgery.

Annie0904
29-10-12, 22:33
I can't believe they have phoned you today and the doctor isn't available until 19th November...but I am sure that if it was something serious then it would have been referred to someone else to see you sooner. I am the same though, if they tell me they need to speak to me I need to know now otherwise I panic. Is there someone who could take a call for you today if you authorise it with the surgery to speak to them on your behalf? :hugs:

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

You could also mention at the hospital about your anxieties and they may be able to give some reassurance on it x

SamanthaAU
29-10-12, 22:46
My husband can but I know he won't get all the information that he should, or that he won't remember what the doctor said etc.

For the first time ever I feel like maybe it is better if some horrible disease gets the better of me - then this continual torment will be relieved for the first time in years.

I can't understand what can't be that drastic, but that needs me to go in and see her? I keep thinking maybe it was pre-melanoma but in my eyes that is drastic and I have hundreds of other little moles on me, how will I cope for the rest of my life? I am only 34 and have 3 small children - this is not fair on them. God!!

Annie0904
29-10-12, 22:53
Please don't jump to conclusions, I know it must be really worrying getting the phone call but the receptionist did say it is nothing drastic and they also wouldn't wait until 19th November if it was. Could you call them back now and explain how worried it has made you and that you have a hospital appointment today? Maybe they can get another doctor to speak to you to ease your mind. xx

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Also, I have lots of moles on me but that doesn't mean they are likely to be anything serious.

SamanthaAU
29-10-12, 22:55
Thank you for trying to reassure me xxx I really appreciate it. I did tell her I have HA and she said she will get someone to try to call me today, I told her I had day surgery and what time I had to be there.

I know she said nothing drastic, but she didn't say there was nothing wrong. I have another mole almost identical on the other leg in the same spot.

Annie0904
29-10-12, 22:59
Try to calm down..and I know that is easier said than done...just keep telling yourself that it is nothing drastic. Let me know how you get on and I hope your procedure goes well today. It is getting late at night here in England and I am going to bed now but I am sending you lots of hugs :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: x

SamanthaAU
29-10-12, 23:16
Thank you for your support xxx

ReissG
30-10-12, 05:49
I won't say don't worry cause I know you will anyway :(
But honestly, when my grandad was diagnosed with skin cancer (I'm guessing it's this you're worried about) there was no waiting till "this date" he was seen straight away, they called him and got him in that same morning.

I expect the reason your doctor wants to see you is just to tell you that the mole was okay and what it was etc

Try and be calm and like all of us rant here when needed <3

SamanthaAU
30-10-12, 23:57
Thank you both for your support xxx

The doctor called and spoke to my husband - the mole wasn't melanoma. She wants to remove more skin around the biopsy site in the remote chance it was ever going to turn into a melanoma. She said she used a punch biopsy 1 and she needs to do a punch biopsy 2.

lo89
31-10-12, 00:11
Well at least that is some good news, although you have to have another procedure you are protecting yourself against anything worrisome occurring at that site in years to come. Better safe than sorry and be reassured that you have such a thorough and cautious doctor!