PDA

View Full Version : Need your ssri knowledge guys x

Laura123
30-10-12, 11:50
Hi everyone. Just wanted to ask you if you have ever had this. I started a new box of sertraline last night, it's the same name as the ones I have been on but the box and manufacturer is different. Had a restless sleep, today I feel agitated and kind of just uncomfortable inside? Tense, panicky. Is this because its a different brand? Will it pass? Anyone had the same? Xx

Laura123
30-10-12, 17:10
It's now 20 hours since I took my meds, still feeling agitated and just off, I really think it's the different tablets????

frenchbean
30-10-12, 17:29
Hi Laura, I wouldn't have thought it's the tablets. i have had three different varieties of sertraline and not noticed any difference. Maybe because you're wondering about it, it's making you feel off?

Hope you feel better soon.

nicola1980
30-10-12, 17:41
Hi, i always make sure i have the same brand meds as i swear i notice the difference if not so does my mum, can you phone your gp and explain and get another script? X x

Laura123
30-10-12, 17:53
I was thinking I would tough it out a few data and if no better I will try the doctors for a new script. Thanks x

MissHDynamite
30-10-12, 17:59
There is a difference Laura and it can make a difference with side effects.. the basic medication is the same ie 50 Sertraline but the coatings are different with different additives from different manufacturers. Having problems before with other tablet changes, I always aks them for the same brand.. I have heard a lot of people who have problems changing manufacturers.:hugs:xx

Laura123
30-10-12, 22:23
Hmmmm do you think it will only last a few days or do you think I should take them back to the chemist and ask to change them? X

MissHDynamite
30-10-12, 23:18
hello lovely.. Well, I think if we say it could be a possible blip, then it should pass after a couple of days. If it hasn't passed by then I think I would be tempted to get the one's your used to. Don't not take them though otherwise you might get back to the start up palava again. Keep in mind that the weekend is coming and you don't want feel rubbish over it so, be a bit cheeky and ring the chemist that you use and ask that they make sure they have them in for no later then Friday as you think you may have to change... just in case :) xx

Laura123
30-10-12, 23:39
That's a good idea, I am lying in bed and I feel short of breath, I know I have made myself conscious of my breathing which doesn't help, my chest feels tight and heavy, my mind is saying omg reaction to the meds but I know it's my ha trying to freak me. X

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Or is it???? See lol, aaaaaaaaaah!

MissHDynamite
30-10-12, 23:43
stay calm missus... Have you got any diazepam etc to take just for tonight? x

Laura123
30-10-12, 23:46
Only propranolol, I already took it. I am just being a drama queen Helen lol I know this is ha playing nasty tricks. How are you doing on your meds now, when do you up them? X

MissHDynamite
30-10-12, 23:55
glad your keeping rational :)

Me.. well, had 3 or 4 rubbish days again. Today has been quite bad, been in a panic for most of it and the body's here, head's not rubbish lol.. have been on the 50 for 3 weeks and had my review today... got to put it up to 100 tomorrow!!!!! pooing me pants.. got the diazepam and the laptop at the ready :doh:xx

flower33
01-11-12, 22:36
Hi

You have got me thinking now, ( which is good ) as I am in same boat as you. I hope this isnt true for all our sakes. xx