PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head :-(

cassy1989
30-10-12, 12:36
Last night about 4 in the morning I woke up because I needed a drink. My drink was on this wooden unit I have in my room and as I put my drink back and bought my head up I smacked the front right side of my head on it really hard. It was really painful and I was worried about concussion so I stayed up for an hour and then I couldn't stay awake any longer. This morning it is really achey and there's a bump there and it feels bruised and now I'm freaking out that it could cause a blood clot or brain heamorrage :-( Hope you guys can reassure me please xxx

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Btw meant the front right top bit of my head not my forehead xx

kirstynic
30-10-12, 12:45
I am sure it is fine, I have whacked my head hard a few times and like you have worried. Now I have a little daughter who is always bumping herself and I know now just to keep an eye on her, making sure she don't appear weird or tired after the bump to her head. I am guessing the same applies to us adults. Long as you don't have a banging headache or visual problems I am sure it's just a bump xxx

cassy1989
30-10-12, 13:42
Thanks it does really hurt down the right side of my head though so I'm panicking :-(

cassy1989
31-10-12, 10:00
Still worried about this :-( it doesn't hurt today but is still sore. I keep thinking a blood clot is there and it will cause me to have a brain hemeorrage x

little scientist
31-10-12, 10:07
Cassy, I think other than a sore head, it sounds like you are fine. I think you'd have known about it if it was a clot or a bleed by now :) *hugs*

MRS STRESS ED
31-10-12, 10:13
I banged my head the other day getting in the car ,ouch it hurt all day, I was worried about it. Then as the day went on I stopped focusing on it I felt better , you would no if you had concussion im sure you would have sickness bad headache tired , I mean think about it its going to feel sore you banged it ,but if your still worried phone your gp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs: