PDA

View Full Version : SEasonal Affective Disorder and being rubbish with prescriptions

gracesophia
30-10-12, 18:44
Hello all. It's a long time since I've been on the forums (used to be a regular on Health Anxiety) but I am generally keeping my anxiety to a minimum with citalopram.

Except for when I suddenly realise I am nearly out of it and get into a massive panic trying to find some. My being badly organised is a symptom of my anxiety to an extent and I really wish the prescription system accounted for this (e.g. repeat prescriptions ready without having to order them). I was under the impression that mine got sent automatically to Boots, but apparently not, and the receptionist was incredibly snooty with me when I tried to get mine this morning. Have to wait till Thursday so tomorrow is not going to be fun :-( Anyone got any tips for remembering to order repeat prescriptions?

I also seem to have got noticeably more anxious since the clocks went back. Everything seems unbearably noisy (people on bus, traffic outside) and I'm a nervous wreck by the time I get home. And so so tired! Has anyone else found this happening when nights come in earlier?

x

Annie0904
30-10-12, 18:46
When the clocks go back I get my SAD light box out x

Sparkle1984
30-10-12, 19:40
I've got some tips about how to remember to order repeat prescriptions. It could be a good idea to set a reminder on your computer or mobile phone. I use a browser add-on called ReminderFox.

The clocks going back has definitely messed up my body clock, but thankfully I've had the last couple of days off work as holiday, so at least I've had a while to get myself over it.

When I'm more anxious, I notice that sounds seem louder too. I now realise that's part of the body's defences - it does it to make you more alert as part of the "flight or fight" response.

Edward_1980
30-10-12, 20:17
I also notice that things get louder. I'm especially bad when anxious and the telephone rings. I nearly drives me out of my mind and has given me a shock on more than one occasion. At one point I thought I was having a nervous breakdown telling my GP this, but he reassured me that when Anxious and tired my hearing becomes sensitive and that is why things seem very loud :)