PDA

View Full Version : Terrified Of Testicle Cancer

Edward_1980
30-10-12, 20:50
I had an operation on my testicle back in 1997 where surgeons removed a lump on my left testicle. It wasn't cancer or anything, but it terrified me beyond belief. I had to go for scans and Doctor's appointments, and since I was already suffering from Anxiety and Panic Attacks, it only made it worse for me. Right now I am in full Panic mode again because the same testicle is acting up again. It is very sensitive and painful to the point where I have to sit up and down with great care. It is also hanging down a lot lower than my right one and gives me a lot of pain during the day. I have been exploring myself and feeling for any lumps, and once again it is a lot bigger than my right one. My partner has booked an appointment for me to see my GP on Thursday because he has noticed how Anxious I have become, but I am terrified of recieving the worst possible results. I am really hoping that this could be an infection (I have trouble urinating) and that I won't need another operation, but right now, with the size, position and pain, I am assuming the worst. Please god don't put me through more scans and operations.

Annie0904
30-10-12, 20:57
Try to stay calm Edward, you don't have long to wait until Thursday and like you say it could just be an infection.:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Edward_1980
30-10-12, 21:24
I'm hoping so Annie. The last time I wasn't that Anxious because it was the start of my disorder, but this time around I am terrified that it is something terrible that the GPs won't be able to cure. The worst is swimming around my head right now and I am imagining the worst and that they won't be able to save the testicle. I need a Diazepam right now and am going to take one to calm myself. Also worried because I am about to run out of them and I'm not allowed to get any more. They have been a savior to me these past few days and just thinking about not having them after Friday is making me Anxious too.

Annie0904
30-10-12, 21:28
You will hopefully feel calmer after you have seen the doctor :hugs:x

Edward_1980
30-10-12, 21:30
Hopefully Annie :) :hugs:

justina
30-10-12, 21:37
As you say, it sounds like some kind of infection.
Try to be calm, that's easy to say I know...
You will feel much better after seeing your doctor:bighug1:t

Edward_1980
30-10-12, 21:46
Oh, I hope so Justina. I feel helpless here :hugs:

Annie0904
30-10-12, 21:48
Get them candles on and some relaxing music :) :hugs:

Edward_1980
30-10-12, 21:55
I have my lavender ready for my pillow Annie :hugs:

Annie0904
30-10-12, 21:58