PDA

View Full Version : Please read-im new

Baileyz31
30-10-12, 21:11
[/I]d"]

Hi, im new to the site- im posting as im feeling very anxious. For the past 4 months ive suffered from anxiety, im in the process of having CBT-i think i have generalised anxiety, i was just overcoming all the other physical symptoms but now i have a new one- i think im becoming forgetful and its really worrying me :-( is this to do with anxiety or something else?
Struggling to keep calm at the moment.....:scared15:

Thanks for reading.....

almamatters
30-10-12, 21:15
:welcome: I forget things constantly and suffer brain fog. On a bad day can't remember anything at all, always worse when I am anxious. Hope you find this site as helpful as I do

Annie0904
30-10-12, 21:17
Hi :welcome: Being forgetful is a symptom of anxiety, I am always forgetting things but have done it for so long now that I don't let it bother me, in fact it is quite funny sometimes. The other night my husband brought a tin of peaches in the room and said "Do you want these?" I said "Why would I want those" and he said "Because you just said you are hungry" I couldn't even remember that I was hungry!! :D

kirstynic
30-10-12, 21:20
I have this bad lately. I think something or think I will do that and then a minute later I have forgotton what I was thinking..

Baileyz31
30-10-12, 21:23
Hi,

Thank you so much for replying to me so quickly, im feeling abit alone :( i thought i was improving but now i feel as though i could cry. I lost my house keys IN the house a few weeks ago- i feel like my brains cotton wool and i often hear people talking to me but to be honest i couldnt really tell you what theyve said because i havent been listening... i cant help but think theres something serious happening, but it will just get over looked as the doctors know i suffer from anxiety :( and the worst thing is im focusing on it and my CBT counsellor said that i mustnt that im supposed to distract myself but i find that really hard :(:weep:

Annie0904
30-10-12, 21:30
My husband often talks to me and then says "Are you listening" I am but I just don't always take it in very quickly and I might answer half an hour later! The best way to overcome it is to just accept it. :hugs:

Baileyz31
30-10-12, 21:36
how do you accept ? how do you tell yourself its ok?? x

Annie0904
30-10-12, 21:41
How many sessions of cbt have you had?

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

You will learn to understand the symptoms of anxiety and then you will be able to accept them better. Read some of the links at the side of this page to help you.

Baileyz31
30-10-12, 21:46
Ive had 5. And its over the telephone. I understand the physical symptoms and things ie the dizziness palpatations etc but now im forgetful? whos to say its not something serious? and the worry is no one will take me serious because its known i suffer from anxiety :( this is really getting to me, ive been trying to help myself but i feel like i can only go so far :( i am petrified :ohmy:

Annie0904
30-10-12, 21:49
You could mention it to your doctor next time you go but it is a symptom of anxiety.

Baileyz31
30-10-12, 21:57
:weep: sorry... can you tell im desperate for reassurance :-( im feeling so alone :( i want to get back to the old me....

Annie0904
30-10-12, 22:00
I know it is the most awful feeling and very scary. You are not alone though as most of the people on this site are going through the same and we will all support and help you. :hugs:

Baileyz31
30-10-12, 22:03
thankyou.... i do appreciate it x just dont know where to turn xx

Annie0904
30-10-12, 22:05
Read some of the articles on here, they may help you x

Candy6
30-10-12, 22:23
I forget things all the time which really worried me at first because my mum had dementia and I know that's one of the symptoms but I try to put it at the back of my mind now and tell myself its due to stress. I realised about half an hour ago that I've forgotten to include something with some letters I sent out in work today which is a real pain and I'm going to have to ring tomorrow to tell them which has made me anxious. I'm trying to tell myself that in the scheme of things it doesn't matter but this is happening such a lot lately. I even forget people's names as my mind goes completely blank but I've just got to tell myself its stress from the anxiety.

Baileyz31
30-10-12, 22:33
Hi Louise, Thank you for your reply. You sound very strong.. i hope maybe i can get to that point where i just put it to the back of my mind. I know everybody forgets things from time to time its just with me i cant seem to think of anything but a sinister ending :( i was doing well but this is abit of a setback im not too sure how to get better.... are you not scared? did you see your gp? x

Candy6
30-10-12, 23:09
Hi Bailey Yes I do get scared and it does worry me that I forget things but I seem to have so many worries and anxieties this is not the main thing I am dealing with so I tell myself its just a symptom. I have lived with the fear of developing dementia like my mum did for such a long time and I think I have just learned to push it right to the back of my mind and then worry and get really anxious over something quite trivial! I have such a lot going on. I have seen my gp and am on anti-depressants and have been for years. Maybe it would be an idea to talk to your gp?

Zingything
31-10-12, 09:43
Yes I too am a bit forgetful which is significantly worse when I am anxious, the forgetfulness makes my anxiety even worse and I become even more forgetful and confused, and so on and so on.

What was the question again? :lac:

Tessar
31-10-12, 10:16
Here you go, Bailey, this might make you feel better..... the other day i suddenly thought, what did i do with my shoes? the last i could remember was carrying them out to my car. but since then i'd not seen them at all. i was convinced i must have put them on the roof as i got in & they'd falled off somewhere by the road. i drove back up & down the same route but couldnt see them anyway. 2 days later i found them in the back of my car. i couldnt remember putting them in there. my doctor tells me this is all to do with stress/anxiety that i am experiencing at the mo. i agree with the others, sometimes it can be funny. initially i was scared to admit what'd happened in case people laughed at me but now a few days later i can see the funny side. it's just one of those things i suppose. anyway, if i didnt do daft things, i would be me would i? i'm sure its because i can laugh about these things that often people warm to me.hopefully this affords you a little be of reassurance. hope you find the site useful too. in just a couple of weeks i have discovered so many other people who think the same as me. makes me realise 1. i'm not alone and 2. i'm not crazy or stupdd, i'm just human like every one else.

Annie0904
31-10-12, 10:26
My son had a hospital appointment once and I got all the way to the hospital (15 miles away) and I though "I am sure I have forgotten something"..I had...MY SON...he was still sitting in school waiting for me to pick him up! :D

anxiousmal
31-10-12, 12:12
Hello Bailyz31,

Try not to worry. Being forgetful is definatly a symptom of anxiety. For the past 2 weeks I have had severe anxiety and panic attacks everyday (However I have only had mild anxiety for the past day or so, which I am greatful for). Its like living in a dream state and you cant think clearly, you cant remeber anything and its difficult to function. I have worried about exactly the same as you.

How I am currently getting through it is accepting it is anxiety that is causing this. Try not worry about forgetting things, if you are worried about forgetting important things, ask for help. There is nothing wrong with being forgetful, it is part of the anxiety.

I hope this helps.

Baileyz31
31-10-12, 13:55
:D
Thanks everybody for your replies. I appreciate it x reading what youve said does put my mind at rest a little.i think my heads so full of everything and ive been irritable for so long that to be honest some days i dont know if i am coming or going :O i will see how it goes. Ive currently got a headache :( wishing for the day when i wake up feeling like wonder woman? xx

almamatters
31-10-12, 16:11
My husband is currently off working having to help me as I am struggling so much at the moment. Sometimes am unable even to make a simple phone call! can't remember anything at all . A few months ago I had a full time job, where I had responsibilities, now need someone to help me do the shopping!!! I can totally relate to you. I'm also waiting for things to change for the better. :)

Tessar
31-10-12, 17:40
Something happened earlier & I thought, oh i must add it to this post. Guess what, I have completely forgotten what on earth it was i was going to put!!! doh.

----------------

I remembered: I put our recycling into our normal dust bin. Doh, then had to pick it all out.