PDA

View Full Version : symptoms getting the best of me

hamesh
30-10-12, 23:12
I'm having all sorts of symptoms: twitching,headaches,tightness in right abdomen,muscle tension,my right hand feels lighter(best i can describe it) than my left and periodic pains in different parts of my body. All these strange symptoms that i have been experiencing started when i had a panic attack in September and have been on and off since then. The most i've gone with zero symptoms since then was a week and a half(right after my first session with psychiatrist).

Today i'm worrying that i may have a brain tumour,MS or stroke. Talked to my psychiatrist yesterday and he said some thing about the symptoms being caused by the body responding to heightened levels of adrenaline(or something like that).

I just wish the symptoms would stop,then i wouldn't have anything to worry about.

MissHDynamite
30-10-12, 23:27
Hello hamesh.. Panic and anxiety can give the most horrendous physical symptom.. that are real by the way. Have you been checked out to eliminate any other problems? and are you on any tablets for your panics?

hamesh
31-10-12, 01:31
no im trying to avoid meds.

MissHDynamite
31-10-12, 01:53
If the docs have ruled everything else out and have said it is anxiety.. Then it is the anxiety giving you the symptoms, not the symptoms giving you the anxiety. The only way to get rid of them is to rid yourself of the anxiety. If you can do it without tablets then great but don't struggle for too long. I know it's not a nice thought having to take them but they do help a lot of people. See how you go for a little while and if things don't improve then maybe worth thinking about. Good luck x

Jules147
31-10-12, 10:57
One and a half weeks with no symptoms following a meeting with your psychiatrist! There is nothing more to investigate. The symptoms are all those of anxiety including the MS/brain tumour/neurological disorder fears.

A classic case, accept it, learn not to fear it (there is nothing to fear other than fear itself) and it will resolve.

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

I just wish the symptoms would stop,then i wouldn't have anything to worry about.

It's the other way round.