PDA

View Full Version : Full panic attack and no taste! Please help!

ady1779
31-10-12, 03:55
Hello all! Had a really rough day today, lots of obsessive thoughts and worry. Then I went to have a snack before bed and I couldn't taste anything! Really scared! Has this happened to anyone else. I brushed my teeth nd still no real taste, this has thrown me into a full anxiety attack! Restless, racing heart, shakes real bad, and now a headache. The no taste thing is really freaking me out though! I'm scared and so over this!

ady1779
31-10-12, 10:32
No one???

smit
31-10-12, 10:33
Panic often causes a dry mouth , and often when you have no saliva it means you Cant taste .

MRS STRESS ED
31-10-12, 10:38
Panic often causes a dry mouth , and often when you have no saliva it means you Cant taste .

yeh I get this its horrible, anxiety its a nightmare :weep:

kirstynic
31-10-12, 10:42
Yes dry mouth is horrible and no saliva means no taste try not to panic x

natsphantom
31-10-12, 11:11
Hi again Ady, again a very common symptom of panic. Try not to worry and tell yourself its nothing to worry about, your taste will return. Its awful and you worry even more. Ive had that experience also, most of the time i get a funny sort of metal taste in my mouth. You will be ok though. Take a few minutes and accept that this will pass. Dont get yourself worried!

best wishes

anxiousmal
31-10-12, 11:21
Hey Addy, dont freak out, there is nothing to worry about. Just chill and relax and your taste will return.

ady1779
31-10-12, 15:22
Thanks everyone for the support!! This stuff totally sucks!!!

almamatters
31-10-12, 15:27
I totally freak out when I get dry mouth from anxiety, It gets so bad I feel I am unable to swallow then start to choke on my saliva , which of course makes the panic even worse. I hate it!!!

Col
01-11-12, 00:21
Hi, I had every common symptom known to the panic world ~when I started for the very first time with panic attacks last year! It was one thing after another I was once driving to my local supermarket that i always go to and it was a sunny morning. Anyway as I drove int the car park which was massively shaded the change from bright light to shade = total panic! Major freak out! I had to drive back home immediately! I suffer from random migraine attacks and I just couldn't take one of those when I was at the height of my panic! I couldn't even take someone coughing on my ,I'd think the worse and get really anxious!
I think like the others have said and I have heard of it before that panic can affect swallowing and can have an effect on eating etc! I think firstly and soley this is a symptom of panic and lasty, very lastly something serious!
Try tapping exercises, herbals and distraction activities and hopefully these funny sensations will alleviate.