PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks returned!!

Steffnyjo
31-10-12, 09:50
I have suffered with anxiety for 16 years from the age of 11 and have had ups and downs with it. I was misdiagnosed with depression at first until i was a teenager. I have always had phobias about different things. I seem to develop a phobia about something that is debilitating and then after a number of years, it moves on to something else. At the minute it is the fear of a migraine attack, or more the fear of what people would think of me if i had one. I know..... sounds stupid. I have now been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety and panic disorder. I have been doing reaaly well after 5 months of CBT but i have been struggling the past few weeks and i have been getting really bad panic attacks over the past few days. I do suffer with panic attacks everyday but nothing like these. I am thinking about going back on medication. I always try to deal with it myself but feel like i am sinking. Does anyone know what would be the best to take?:wacko:

BobbyDog
31-10-12, 10:09
Everyone reacts differently to medication, it is something you need to discuss with your GP, they know your history and perhaps would be able to guide you in the right direction with regards to AD's.

maximus1975
31-10-12, 16:03
i feel for u im in exactly the same place attacks have returned when i got taken into hospitol with pancretitis , personally ive had so much of it i dont think i could cope without meds, i wouldnt go down the diazepam route way to addictive , a beta blocker may help u along with an ad like citalopram, personally i would keep right of the booze