PDA

View Full Version : i want to believe it works

smit
31-10-12, 10:44
I am trying to use rescue remedy at the moment . Medication is a big trigger for my panic , and it took me a month of carrying around rescue remedy before I felt brave enough to try it . I haven't noticed any drastic effects the one or two times I've used it , mostly I carry it around and think if things get worse I could try using it .

Is it just a good placebo ? Can't decide . The first time o used it in water I didn't notice much , but I did calm down . Last night I was very worked up as I've got a few days of unavoidable triggers ahead , and on top of this my new guitar teacher was due to arrive in 10 mins . I felt like I needed to have an attack' or cry or have some kind of outburst or I might explode or something . I didn't wantvto have an attack in my lesson so I put two drops on my tongue . The frustration and anxiety just went ...

Should I attribute that to the remedy or was it just because I got absorbed in my lesson ? Its so hard to tell . I think I'm scared to rely on medication .

Does anyone relate to hkw I feel about it ?

Elle-Kay
31-10-12, 10:52
I think if you're hoping for "drastic effects" from Rescue Remedy then you're asking too much of it. I use it regularly, and find that it just helps to take the edge off how I'm feeling, and help me feel a bit calmer so that I can work my own way through my anxieties. Remember that Rescue Remedy is not a "medication" as such, in that it is freely available to all, with no prescription or referral. They would not be able to sell it like this if it were expected to drastically affect your mood/thoughts etc. as prescription meds such as SSRIs do. Rather, it is a herbal remedy designed to give you a natural level of support.

My advice is to try not to build yourself up to such a high level of anxiety before turning to Rescue Remedy. In doing that you're almost setting yourself up "for a fall" because you are already in a heightened state of anxiety. Instead, why not try using it at regular-ish intervals through the day, before your anxiety reaches 10/10 level.

MrsStobe13
12-02-13, 03:43
Hi I know this is an old post but I use Rescue Remedy and I swear by it! I use the pastilles when I get intrusive thoughts and after 3-4 I'll start crying and saying things like "I can't believe the way I react to those thoughts". Without them my head tends to be more about fulfilling the intrusive thoughts for which I normally end up "flapping" and trying to run from my mind. From my own personal experience, Rescue Remedy (especially the pastilles) works better than St John's Wort, and does not react to contraceptive pills.

Hope this helps

MrsStobe13

Charlie11
12-02-13, 10:03
Hi smit. I agree rescue remedy can really help. My daughter uses the pastels and I use the droplet straight onto my tongue but as Elle says use it often I use mine bat 5-6 times a day.