PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused and scared! Is this regurgitating or me trying to vomit?

Rls1994
31-10-12, 18:16
Hiya all,

It seems as if I'm regurgitating everything I eat and drink.... Although it doesn't ever come up into my mouth, it just sits there in the back of my throat it seems. If I force up, I can feel something come up even more a bit, so I stop forcing because I DON'T WANT to throw up! :( I don't even retch or dry heave though..... It definitely feels like food/drink coming back up though. I don't ever want to throw up since I have a phobia of it. Oh and I do feel nauseous most times, which adds more worry as I'm convinced it's vomit trying to come up.

I've had this problem for MANY years and it hasn't been treated. I can safely say it has gotten worse over the years, but so has my anxiety.. I didn't go to the doctor over it because I was told it's 'normal' and I believed... I'm worried SICK I have esophageal cancer and I'm only 18! Everyone seems to think it's anxiety related when I know it's not! Thing is, I'm not even sure if I am regurgitating.... I wake up and get that feeling like somethings trying to come up as well..... I get it constantly and I'm always belching. I've been to the doctors several times over this matter and they say I may have Acid Reflux and that feeling I get with something coming up is just 'anxiety related'??? Can someone please help me??

Oh and is it possible to keep vomit down? Or does it just come up into your mouth without warning? I haven't been sick in several years so I forgot what it's like before you are sick.

But if it is vomit, then why? Why am I vomiting after everything I eat and drink? Thing is, it happens when I wake up too.... Or when I haven't even eaten for a while...

AIVILOESOR
01-11-12, 11:23
Go and see your doctor, it could be acid reflux, and if you need reassurance get a second opinion.
it doesnt sound like an anxiety symptom it may have an organic cause.
what are you eating? maybe see a dietician