PDA

View Full Version : Hello

MrsGrew
31-10-12, 19:21
Just new here..

I'm facing another bout of depression again, I feel so lost at the moment, as if I am slowly losing my mind.

I can't really explain it to anyone else as they just don't seem to understand.

I'm confused at the moment, I am having difficulty in remembering what day it is.

Other times I feel a kind of 'mania' whereby my thoughts race around in my mind and I can't control them.
I feel normal....and everything is fine and then bang, suddenly I can't cope and I feel overwhelmed.

I first had depression when I was 14, then had panic attacks when I was 16, I first went onto medication (Citalopram) at 17, this was 20mg, then due to bullying at school it was increased to 40mg as I found I just couldn't cope. Around 6 months later I developed diarrhea (which had no organic causes, but was stress induced IBS) and had panic attacks. Around 19 I came off medication and tried to live my life according to being a highly sensitive person. I try and push myself to do new things and also rest and take care of myself. In April this year I started a role in a call centre, as time went on I found the role too demanding, I started to forget things, cried before going to work, and had bowel problems. But I kept pushing myself, I was going to prove that I was normal and I could handle this....but alas, I could not. I left a couple of weeks ago as I just couldn't do it anymore. And now I just feel empty and lost.

nomorepanic
31-10-12, 19:31
Hi MrsGrew

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
31-10-12, 21:34
You had the strength to move away from your anxiety before and you will be able to do it again. Perhaps go back to your GP if you haven't already and discuss your options, CBT works for a lot of people, it could be worth a try.:)

Serenitie
01-11-12, 11:43
:welcome: Mrs Grew! It sounds like your mind may be overtired from anxiety. Try to rest and reduce physical and emotional tension and stress which causes a flare up of IBS. Be kind to yourself :hugs: