PDA

View Full Version : Could this really ALL be anxiety?

AaronB
31-10-12, 20:01
Hi Everyone,

I could really do with some responses regarding what I'm experiencing at the moment.

For a few weeks now, I've been experiencing a lot of upper body pain and aches. Shooting pains down my rib cage, aches basically all over my upper body.

I have an old injury in my left shoulder, that I think may be contributing, but I'm not sure. My left shoulder blade sticks out a good couple of cm's further than the right, and I think this is because I'm holding it in the wrong way, due to the injury, and also due to the anxiety tension.

I also keep feeling an indigestion feeling, an awful lot of the time. Its an ache and trapped wind feeling in my sternum and across my chest.

Now I'm aware that I'm probably hyper-vigilant to all of this at the moment due to the anxiety, but there is definitely something going on.

I also have a pain in my right groin area, and my right testicle aches. It goes down my right thigh too. The doctor has checked my testicles and said all is fine and it is most likely a sprained muscle in my groin area and can take a few weeks to heal.

Just to add one more to the list, with the indigestion, and burning feeling in my chest, the doc said it is most likely dsypepsia, or GERD, and so prescribed me Lanzaprosole. I took this for a couple of weeks and although I noticed a slight improvement, I unfortunately suffered a side effect of aching muscle/joints. It was my right leg and very painful, so for the last three days I haven't taken the tablet and my leg feels much better, although the groin pain is still floating about.

In case it is relevant, I also had a kidney stone about three weeks ago. Extremely painful, but fortunately I passed the stone in about 9 hours. It was in my left kidney, the groin pain is on the right.

Sorry for the long post, I just needed write it all down and get some responses.

Please post if you can, I would really appreciate it.

Any if you have any questions fire away.

Just to add, I have another GP appointment on Monday.

justina
31-10-12, 21:32
I am sorry that you (that we all!!!) have these problems with HA.
I am sure that you do feel what you describe, but maybe you focus more on it because of HA and you worry about things that are not dangerous.
I know I have done so, several times...

I really wish you to feel better:bighug1:

AaronB
01-11-12, 11:04
Thanks Justina.

I just feel that the way I feel at the moment can't all be anxiety, there must be something else going on.

Hiatal Hernia seems a possibility at the moment.

honeyp1e
02-11-12, 22:44
Am the same as u right now am suffering with my stomach a lot of people say anxiety related but I no it's all not, I do suffer with acid / trapped wind / indigestion etc but I've asked for an endoscopy ASAP as I think it's more a hiatal hernia or ulcer the pain is unreal at times like today well yesterday I only ate a sandwich got real bad pains in my chest like the food was stuck most prob indigestion but lasted until today it's settled now but I just feel now I have trapped wind constantly the feelin to burp or trump but nothing comes out :( it's like a stitch type feeling just below left rub now x

Greenman50
02-11-12, 23:56
Hi Everyone,

I could really do with some responses regarding what I'm experiencing at the moment.

For a few weeks now, I've been experiencing a lot of upper body pain and aches. Shooting pains down my rib cage, aches basically all over my upper body.

I have an old injury in my left shoulder, that I think may be contributing, but I'm not sure. My left shoulder blade sticks out a good couple of cm's further than the right, and I think this is because I'm holding it in the wrong way, due to the injury, and also due to the anxiety tension.

I also keep feeling an indigestion feeling, an awful lot of the time. Its an ache and trapped wind feeling in my sternum and across my chest.

Now I'm aware that I'm probably hyper-vigilant to all of this at the moment due to the anxiety, but there is definitely something going on.

I also have a pain in my right groin area, and my right testicle aches. It goes down my right thigh too. The doctor has checked my testicles and said all is fine and it is most likely a sprained muscle in my groin area and can take a few weeks to heal.

Just to add one more to the list, with the indigestion, and burning feeling in my chest, the doc said it is most likely dsypepsia, or GERD, and so prescribed me Lanzaprosole. I took this for a couple of weeks and although I noticed a slight improvement, I unfortunately suffered a side effect of aching muscle/joints. It was my right leg and very painful, so for the last three days I haven't taken the tablet and my leg feels much better, although the groin pain is still floating about.

In case it is relevant, I also had a kidney stone about three weeks ago. Extremely painful, but fortunately I passed the stone in about 9 hours. It was in my left kidney, the groin pain is on the right.

Sorry for the long post, I just needed write it all down and get some responses.

Please post if you can, I would really appreciate it.

Any if you have any questions fire away.

Just to add, I have another GP appointment on Monday.

I,ve had the trapped wind feeling in the sternum and chest on and off for 3 years now plus heart burn , i also suffer from ibs which gives me leg pain , bollock pain and pains in my side .

Never had an endoscope (turned it down) but i,m on lansoprazole like you .

Stress and anxiety has alot to do with it and mine comes and goes but it really does seem like something "more" at the time when it really isn,t .....trust the doc its very common .

I dont come on here very often these days so if you need a chat with a long term stomach problem member give me a nod via a pm .