PDA

View Full Version : Running really helps!

panic12
31-10-12, 20:24
So for the last year iv'e had really bad anxiety, before that I was constantly at the gym, constantly playing football working on eating the right foods etc. When the anxiety started it kinda took a back seat, the last week I have got back into training building myself up slowly (my goal is to get my abs back clearer again because there slowly disappearing) So tonight I was feeling anxious for no particular reason, starting feeling dizzy. I just thought stuff it im going for a run, went on a 40 minute run, got back and my whole body felt relaxed, no stress, completely calm (I forgot what that felt like) Just thought I would share it with you about exercise being a good cure. Going to start to get back into to now hopefully get my life back on track, I hope that everyones ok today!

(Sorry if this is an inappropriate post for this section, but its the onlt part of the forum I use)

little scientist
31-10-12, 22:24
Hey panic, glad that worked for you!

I too am trying to get more exercise into my life - for two main reasons.....firstly to help my mental health, and secondly to improve my fitness. Recently I realised how unfit I was, chasing after two young children, and within seconds I was out of breath. I also live at the top of 3 flights of stairs in my flats, and at the top, I'm dead! I went swimming yesterday, I didn't manage much (my muscles and lungs gave out quite quickly!) but it's a start :)

misunderstood
31-10-12, 23:09
hi panic12. I just wanted to say that i found your post both interesting and inspiring.