PDA

View Full Version : horrible head and face pressure

almamatters
01-11-12, 10:29
Hi sorry for posting yet again, but I am getting freaked out with this head and face pressure I am experiencing. It is like a weight being pressed onto my face, nose and head combined with the dizziness, and blurred vision, I am seriously worried. Had a brain scan already which came back clear. But now think I have a tumour in my nose or actual face and not brain. Would it have shown on the scan if I did. I am lost and am worried about mentioning all this to GP what with all my many other symptoms. Does anyone else suffer with this ?

justina
01-11-12, 13:08
I have to say I believe it is more likely to be anxiety that causes the pressure you feel.
I haven't had that myself, but my mother did have the same symptoms last year. The sinus scan showed absolutely nothing. She was so upset about it and in the end she made me too believe that she had a tumour behind her nose. Finally she had a CT head scan and it showed nothing, and after that she slowly calmed down and the symptoms disappeared, too.
I know it's very easy to be rational about other people and more difficult when it is about yourself, but believe me what you feel can be caused by your anxiety.
(I am freaking out about lymphoma and I see that as the only possible reason to my symptoms. So I can understand that you feel worried about yours. But a tumour is not the most plausible cause.):bighug1:

nomorepanic
01-11-12, 13:13
Are you sure it isn't your sinuses?

almamatters
01-11-12, 13:19
thanks could be my sinuses not sure.