PDA

View Full Version : Trapped burps, feeling nauseous and food/drink backing up? Anyone get this?

Rls1994
01-11-12, 16:36
Does anyone else here experience trapped burps, feeling nauseous and feel as if your drink and food are backing up from your stomach all the time? I was told it may be Acid Reflux, but I rarely get a burning sensation in my throat, my chest or stomach. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink, it's still there. Even when I wake up in the mornings..

The feeling is extremely uncomfortable as it feels as if I'm about to barf which I have a extreme phobia of. :weep:

I've been to the doctors over this issue and they assume it's anxiety, but I really don't think it is. I do have General Anxiety Disorder which makes this whole thing worse, but even when I'm not anxious, it's always there still.

I've been put on quite a few medication for Acid Reflux, and none have helped me. (Omeprazole, Rennie and Gaviscon)

I can't go back to the doctors for another 4 weeks now, so does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Thanks for the help. :)

k77be
03-11-12, 17:03
It does sound like acid reflux. I've been getting it recently, horrible metallic taste in mouth, sore throat, bit sick feeling etc, etc. I've found if I've been stressed for a continuous period it makes its presence felt. One thing I am trying at the moment is apple cider vinegar (10ml) in 8floz of water. Seems to make my stomach roll a bit but did cut down the acid in throat feeling. Might be worth a try.

susan1963
03-11-12, 22:40
hi rls, im been having the same problem at times, esp the trapped wind and nauseas, infact to the point of nearly being sick, i have acid reflux, i also get a lump and tight throat at the same time esp when in bed lying down feels like the burps are trapped in my throat, the doc said it was reflux coupled with anxiety/stress its very uncomftable, also ive lost loads of weight over the last 7 months due to not eating much cuz of the awfall symptoms

Rls1994
04-11-12, 16:37
Hiya folks!

Thank you for the replies, it's been a little better over the past 2 days thankfully as I've stopped worrying about it as much and focused on other things instead.

I was told I have mild Acid Reflux, but no medication I've tried has made any difference. :mellow:
So, I was worrying it may have been something more serious, like cancer of the esophagus or something. :(

bernie1977
04-11-12, 16:44
What medication have you tried and how long were you on it for?

honeyp1e
04-11-12, 18:12
hi Rls1994 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=47436) you have just relaxed my mind abit as am also emet :weep: and the past 3 days or so i had that same symptoms id eat & feel as if it was stuck & making its way back up :weep: also constant feeling of needing to burp or trump but wouldn't come out & i fet so sickly thats passed now but last night i could actually feel the acid in my throat but today thats all settled ive had constant watery mouth all day like acid coming into throat but no burning it is horrible what your going through right now and i also had my omeprazole plus gaviscon and nothing could move it but i just constantly rubbed my belly and little burps started coming out then i drank a bit of 7up then by end of the night i was burping and trumping alot lol xx just now this watery mouth is peeing me off

Rls1994
05-11-12, 15:51
@Bernie19777

I've tried Gaviscon and Omerprazole, both I was on for 3 weeks. But didn't see any difference. :(

@Honeyp1e
I know EXACTLY how you feel! It's incredibly annoying, and it feels as if nothing will be done about this, which makes me upset. :weep: I also suffer from the watery mouth sometimes, which I freak over since you usually get a watery mouth before you throw up.

honeyp1e
06-11-12, 10:23
@Rls1994 well I've woke up had bowl of porridge then just had few chocolate fingers :) & guess what ?? now feels like its stuck at top of my chest i wanna cry am sick of this happening all the time its really making me not wanna eat anymore its not painful or anything just annoying and does actually feel like its just gonna come bk up again :weep: but i stand up make myself burp and usually makes it feel a little better just wish i knew what it was...

Is it just me and anxiety causing this or is there actually something wrong ? have you ever been docs about yours ?

Rls1994
06-11-12, 22:24
Chocolate fingers are delicious! :D

Really sorry to hear you're still having these problems, I can relate entirely as I also have the same problem. Last week I didn't eat hardly anything for a few days as I thought I was going to be sick. It was horrible!

Anxiety seems to make this whole thing a lot worse, it certainly does with me anyway. When I'm all calm and relaxed like now, and not think about it, it seems to be not as bad as it would be if I thought about it all day.

I've been to the doctors over this issue yes, and they also assume it's my anxiety playing up. I believe them in some way, but I think it's something else. It may be Acid Reflux, as I've heard it can cause these symptoms were suffering from.

Hope you feel better soon. :) :hugs:

camperlady
07-11-12, 13:28
i had the same problem but my doc gave me lansoprazole 15mg, 2 on a morning half n hour before food n they seem to have helped tremendousely, i also drink a probiotic drink every morning too, hope u feel better soon, its horrible isn,t it? :huh: xx

Rls1994
07-11-12, 17:00
Hiya camperlady. :)

I'll be seeing my doctor in about 2 weeks from now so I will mention that medication when I see her. I do agree though, it is horrible and uncomfortable. And since I have a phobia of being sick, this issue makes it 100x worse. Thank you for helping, I appreciate it. :D

camperlady
07-11-12, 23:52
no probs, hope it works for you too, if your doc prescribes you it, certainly made a difference with me alongside the probiotic drinks :D

honeyp1e
21-11-12, 11:55
Rls1994 how you feeling now ??
I have this feeling back in my throat again :( really peeing me off now as constantly feeling food is stuck in my throat or a burp etc that just wont move my omeprazole & gaviscon dont help at all :(

Melisssa
22-11-12, 11:35
Our brain and stomach are linked. If your anxious expect reflux, they go hand in hand.

Rls1994
22-11-12, 12:47
Rls1994 how you feeling now ??
I have this feeling back in my throat again :( really peeing me off now as constantly feeling food is stuck in my throat or a burp etc that just wont move my omeprazole & gaviscon dont help at all :(

Hiya honeyp1e!

Im still getting this. Not one day that goes by that I don't experience any of these symptoms. I'm going to ask my doctor for further tests on the 3rd December, because I'm getting SO tired of this.

honeyp1e
22-11-12, 23:43
thats what am like Rls1994 am so SICK of suffering like this... this constant feeling like a burp is stuck in my throat gets me so anxious and then i start panicking etc its one big circle i just hate when you go docs and they put it all down to anxiety

Rls1994
23-11-12, 23:31
I know the feeling! My doctors also think it is due to anxiety when I'm almost certain it isn't. That is why I am going to insist on having some other tests done, like blood tests, upper GI endoscopy etc. I will definitely let you know if I find out anything else, and if my problem gets resolved, I will tell you so you can follow my steps. :):hugs:

chrissyamy
05-03-14, 20:07
i have the exact same feeling for about a week now, its there even when i wake up in the morning right until i got to bed! what was done to relieve you from it, its really bugging me so bad that i feel like im getting depressed over it..

Catherine S
05-03-14, 20:40
Hi there, I think acid reflux is such a common symptom of anxiety because our stomachs become really sensitive. I never had any problems with my stomach...heart flutters and missed beats yes, stomach never...but a couple of years ago started to get the symptoms you describe. My doctor recommended Rennies Delflatine and at first I thought no way, these will never work as had Rennies before with no result, but the important difference with the Delflatine is that it contains an active ingredient called Simeticone which the others don't, and this is the magic ingredient. I couldn't believe how much it helped me, I was gobsmacked! Thing is, for some reason not every pharmacy stocks them where I live, the only places I can buy them is in the co-op pharmacy inside the supermarket and in Superdrug, Boots only have the normal Rennies as do Sainsbury's pharmacy and Lloyds pharmacy. Not sure why they don't all have them.

If you can get them its well worth trying and let me know how you get on :)

Noaboy
02-05-17, 10:28
I've done all those tests too colonoscopy etc. Have the exact same problems had them for over 7 months kept feeling ill in my stomach too, seems I was lactoseintolerant. Maybe you too?

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

I really suggest you all try a intolerance or allergy test for lactose / gluten etc. I still have to burp but not as much as before, also the painfull feeling and empty stomach feeling is fading slowly. I had to take Pills that contain Lactase which didn't help for the 1st month but afterwards it started to heal me slowly. I know this feeling makes you feel like shit so please try it and see how it goes. Being lactoseintolerant is underrated.