PDA

View Full Version : Can a tv show really make me feel so ill? :0(

lindajane1971
01-11-12, 17:41
Hi everyone,

I feel like a total fool -

My son was telling me today about a show he watched, it was Derren Brown - Apocalypse, have any of you seen it? I dont recommend it!!

He is a hypnotist/illusionist and has done this show that has taken months to set up, in which he has made this guy think that a meteor shower has caused the Apocalypse and they are in a contained area and everyone around him are actors, (you get the idea)

I watched it with my son today, stupid stupid thing to do!! As it features this guy who really thinks all this thing is true, the terror and fear he shows is very real and terrifying!
I started to feel ill half way through it, i was like feeling how terrified he was and i could feel the scary adrenaline flowing through my body and my heart was racing like i was the one in danger, and by the end of it i felt so scared for the guy, i really think knowing that it was a real person and not an actor somehow got into me and i am feeling how he felt at the time.

There is two parts to this "experiment" and then second one is on tomorrow and i dont think i could cope watching it, its far too stressful for me to cope with!!

I did google this show to see how the guy was as obviously it was filmed a few months ago, and he was giving an interview saying he was fine and he had no ill effects or flashbacks or any problems etc, so im a bit relieved for him but i dont feel any better
Since watching it i feel just full of fear adrenaline, and i also feel very sick and just feel a bit shaky and preoccupied and i just cant stop thinking about it!!!!

Someone snap me out of this please!!!!!!

nomorepanic
01-11-12, 17:54
I have to say I am a great fan of Derren and love his shows.

I did wonder how the guy would cope etc but they said they would stop it at any time they felt he was under too much stress. I will definitely watch the 2nd part tomorrow though.

Just remember it was all staged and is NOT REAL

lindajane1971
01-11-12, 19:37
Hi Nicola,
You will have to let me know what happens then as im not gonna watch it lol
I know it was staged, but the guy genuinly didnt know?? or do you think he did??
Linda x

nomorepanic
01-11-12, 19:41
Well my partner said he would have known and was in on it lol

lindajane1971
02-11-12, 09:47
Your partner was involved with the show?! It was all staged?! If that's correct it would be easier to watch!!!!

nomorepanic
02-11-12, 13:50
No he wasn't involved, he just doesn't believe the guy didn't know about it and the whole thing was staged for TV viewers.

JoannaS
02-11-12, 14:30
I watched it too. I'm not sure if it's genuine, the bloke hasn't sworn once! I'd be swearing my head off and rocking back and forth in a corner!