PDA

View Full Version : so scared

anx mum
01-11-12, 20:27
:weep:Think im suffering with health anxiety ive recently had an op my gallbladder removed since than ive been really anxious bout my stay in hospital. Im getting symptoms the breathing one where i feel im not getting enough air and the past 3 days had chest pain in the centre of chest this is really scaring me can someone plz help

Annie0904
01-11-12, 20:33
I had my gall bladder out a few years ago. I am assuming you had key hole surgery? Even with keyhole it is still a major op and you will feel a lot of pain in that area for a few months after.The feeling of not getting enough air sounds like you are hyperventilating with anxiety. :hugs:

anx mum
01-11-12, 20:36
yeah had key hole surgery had to stay in hospital overnight. Since then ive been so anxious firstly my breathing has felt like im not getting enough air now im getting chest pain in middle of chest even tho i suffer with anxiety im worried and scared

gonzo1958
01-11-12, 20:38
NHS direct can be helpful, i would phone them which i did before i was diagnosed with anxiety and being unsure what was wrong with me, they can help you decide your next move and give advice. i hope this is helpful
D.

Annie0904
01-11-12, 20:44
The anaesthetic had that affect on me after I had my gall bladder out I had a couple of asthma attacks. When you are prone to anxiety anyway, an operation often triggers it again but you will get better.:hugs:

anx mum
01-11-12, 20:52
Thanks annie should know its anxiety just takes over think im gonna try and do relaxion cd see if that helps