PDA

View Full Version : hi guys any1 taking citralopram

bertone902
01-11-12, 20:37
Hi guys I'm James I'm 22 and have been suffering anxiety fir 2 years now which has been leading to depression which I'm now taking citralapram for. The side effete awfully but I have been on the for four weeks nearly . After my 3rd week I felt amazing but the past few days I seem to be feeling the anxiety coming back again especially when waking . Has anyone else had this on this medication ?. Feeling okay and then not ?? Any hekpnwould be very much appreciated
Regards
James

nomorepanic
01-11-12, 20:47
Hi bertone902

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

rigton
01-11-12, 21:41
Hi, yes I'm taking it for 11 weeks now. I was the same when :shrug:I was on 10mgs but it was increased to 20mgs and I felt better, unfortunately I'm starting to dip again, not sure if GP wants to change meds now or increase it. I find out a week on Tuesday.

kjm1987
01-11-12, 22:07
Hi, I'm Kaylee. I've been on citalopram since July. I started on 10mg, GP had to increase my dose to 20mg after a few weeks cuz my anxiety started creeping back. Then I felt fine, and just recently I've been feeling down again. Went back to the GP and she increased my dose to 30mg. At first I didn't feel any effects but I realised I wasn't giving them enough time to settle into my system. Go back to your GP and ask if you can have your dosage increased, that might help a bit more.

Flossie11
03-11-12, 08:02
I had a dip at about 4 weeks, lasted about a week and then I felt better.
I had a nasty time with the side effects when I started, so doc decided to leave the dose alone. I am almost at 8 weeks now, and other than some sleeping issues, anything I consider a side effect is gone.

Mr Parfect
03-11-12, 21:23
Ive been on citalopram for many months now, and have while ive had no side effects, have not felt any benefit from the AD either.

Has anyone else found citalopram ineffective with depression?

Sparkle1984
03-11-12, 23:24
Ive been on citalopram for many months now, and have while ive had no side effects, have not felt any benefit from the AD either.

Has anyone else found citalopram ineffective with depression?

If its not working for you, you should go back to your doctor and ask about switching to a different medication which may suit you better. :)

ricardo
04-11-12, 19:30
Welcome James.

I asked on another thread why it appears so many people are prescribed citalopram.It seems to get a mixed reaction as do other SSRI drugs but it is in the forefront of anti depressants mentioned on here.

venusbluejeans
04-11-12, 19:42
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

try here http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49

fozzy is crying
04-11-12, 19:45
I like the title of this thread. It might have been better to call it "Hi guys any 1 NOT taking citralopram?" :roflmao:

Sparkle1984
04-11-12, 21:15
I like the title of this thread. It might have been better to call it "Hi guys any 1 NOT taking citralopram?" :roflmao:

LOL, I like it! :roflmao:

fozzy is crying
04-11-12, 21:18
LOL, I like it! :roflmao:

I was being serious as it is titled and all replied it would break the Guinness Book of World Records current record for the longest internet forum thread by millions and bring the site down in the process.

Gordon

happycamper
04-11-12, 22:50
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum. The fact you've already felt and improvement since taking citalopram sounds positive, I know some people it clearly doesn't help.

I also experienced a dip within a few weeks of starting cit, remember the feeling of relief and euphoria that came about as the anxiety went away did drop off which may have made it feel like a dip, but it was short lived and then I was mainly on an even keel and had the energy and enthusiasm to explore ways to sort out my anxiety, which is essential for when you decide to eventually come off them.

Hope you feel better very soon.

bertone902
12-11-12, 21:56
Thanks for getting back to me guy I seem to be feeling a slight bit better now so looks like other was just a slight temporary dip in mood :(
Ahh well we all soldiering on as usual :)