PDA

View Full Version : anxiety help?! :(

anxietysufferer1
01-11-12, 22:06
I have had anxiety for a long time now, I have definitely got over a lot in the past 2 years but I have a lot of stresses in my life at the moment and I'm getting very depressed which is causing my anxiety to come out again. I just feel like I'll never get over it and be free from mental illness. I am feeling so low. I wondered if anyone had overcome health anxiety completely? or just anxiety in general? I have horrible thoughts and I still don't know how to totally deal with them. Really destroying any quality of life :(.

honeyp1e
02-11-12, 00:06
To Be Honest I dont think we will ever fully overcome this (thats how i think) but we can deal to live with it better etc... i struggle mostly with Neg thinking its the worse ever am Emetophobic so my negative thinking is usually all about that if i could stop all the neg thinking then i no i would be 99% better xx

hope your ok xx

anxietysufferer1
04-11-12, 02:14
Thanks for the reply :). Yeah same with me, mine is literally only horrible negative thoughts and if I found a way to deal with them better, not get wrapped up in them and manage them and eventually just not have them anymore then I would be cured completely!! That's why i dont take medication because I really don't think it cures the actual problem. It just masks the anxiety, and in my personal experience made me feel ill and consequently more anxious. I didn't take it for a long time though so I don't know how good the medication effects are. I, like you, also suffer from a phobia, mine quite commonly a phobia of death, but as with most phobias, such extreme fear that it does effect my everyday life and am a extreme hypochondriac with my focus of anxiety being namely health but also have social anxiety but far less extreme than the former and I believe probably associated more to a lack of confidence/self-esteem. If anyone has any advice on how to deal with really negative thoughts it would be very much appreciated :D