PDA

View Full Version : WORRIED I"VE GOT OVARIAN CANCER

langlim
12-08-06, 10:27
hi all,

I am a health anxiety sufferer,

i'm really worried i have ovarian cancer, I do suffer with really bad ovualtion pains, and lately I've been getting the occasional odd twinge if cough. I've done the worst thing possible and looked on google and have now convinced myself I've got it.

It mentions abdominal bloating, gas, abnormal periods, and that its a silent killer.

While i was ovulating my stomach really does bloat up and I know its disgusting but I have gas quite bad too at the mo. I believe stress can contribute to irregular periods, mine aren't that irregular, but last month i hardly had anything it was really light. I have only in the last few months stopped taking oral pill. I don't bleed any other times of the month, other than period.

I'm just so worried, can anyone help?!?

I also got aches in my back on the right side, which I think is cancer too, secondary, i have been to doctors about and and he says its muscular, but I'm not convinced.

PLEASE HELP!

lass
12-08-06, 10:35
I understand where you are coming from, I think we all have similar fears especially about the "silent" cancers.

Ovulation pains are really normal though, I get them mildly and I have a few friends who get them quite severely. One of my friends has passed out before when ovulating!

I was advised a long time ago that it takes up to a year to get the pill out of your system and your periods completely back to normal.

Have you spoken to your GP about your concerns? There is a simple blood test that we do where I work (I work in a private hospital in the health screen department) which is a screen for ovarian cancer called CA125. We also offer pelvic ultrasound for people concerned about ovarian cancers. Maybe you could ask your GP to refer you for one or both of these tests, and put your mind at rest.

But I would say that your symptoms sound completely normal to me. If only Google would come up with a website that says "Completely normal" instead of "cancer" every time.

Best wishes,
Caroline

langlim
12-08-06, 11:29
thanks for your reply caroline, it really helps! - I know I should go to the doctors but just get scared as soon as blood tests and scans may be mentioned!

I've always suffered with the ovulation pains, it lasts for a day then aches mildly for the next day, since school I have always suffered with it, thats why when I went on the pill the pains completely stopped which was lovely, I came off pill coz i thought that was what was causing my anxiety to get so bad! so now being off it for about 3 months the pains are all coming back now - i'm due on now and got few cramps which I never used to get before - is this normal to get cramps a day or two before a period?

L
x

manmoor
12-08-06, 11:59
Hi Laura,

I too diagnosed myself with ovarian cancer a while ago. But after a coulpe of weeks another symptom kicked in and I then had to diagnose another cancer. It's a vicious circle with health anxiety and we always seem to have no trouble diagnosing ourselves but I always say to myself if I dealt with the anxiety the way I diagnose I'd be a far happier person.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

**whenwillthisend**
12-08-06, 12:46
hi i too have had the worry of ovarian cancer, some days cervical, as i couldnt make my mind up !!...my problems started since stopping the pill last august(i was beginnining to start with depression so i came off the pill as i thought it wasnt helping me)..soon after i started with panic attacks then the health anxiety kicked in big time..as my periods were regular after stopping pill , but started getting bleeding after ovulation...this has carried on and is still happening now...so i have worried myself to death, as i have crampy achey pains, ovulation onwards, and at the minute im half way through my cycle and full of wind , i feel like i could burp all day! went to see a gynacologist who thinks i have a hormonal imbalance, which is causing all the symptoms, inc the aches and pains!...and i have frequent low back ache!
I think your body needs time to adjust to stopping the pill, and ovulation pains are common, and i seem to get cramps before my period , but not durin, how odd!!!
take care ...you have anxiety , thats all !

polly daydream
12-08-06, 13:24
Hi I know somebody who actually died through having ovarian cancer, there are no symtoms untill it has progressed so far that it is to late. It is very unlikely that you have ovarian cancer, you really would know about it. If you need your mind putting at rest, then you could ask your dr for an ovary screening, but I'm sure it's just good old health anxiety rearing it's ugly head.

Take care,

Polly

langlim
12-08-06, 14:15
thanks all, for your answers, it really does help! im answer to wenwillthisend, I too have no pain on my actual period just mid cycle while ovulating and now a few days leading up to period, my anxiety/panic seems to get worse while I'm ovulating then clears as i get closer to my period! all very weird!

L
x

Silly Blonde
12-08-06, 20:32
Hi L - are you sure you are not me?? I read your post and thought I'd written it and forgotten!!!

I keep diagnosing myself with ovarian cancer, in fact told the GP last Monday I was convinced I had it! Stomach pains on ovulation, lower back pain, heartburn etc etc. I read an article in a magazine and then as if by magic, I had ALL the symptoms.

As per someone else's reply, my GP told me that it IS a silent killer - ie when you get symptoms it has come to a head and that happens quickly. i have been like this for 18 months and I'm still here!

I wouldn't bother with the tests, unless it will make you feel better. I had a pelvic ultrasound in March and it was fine. I then had a routine but very painful smear and so told myself it was cervical cancer - but that was normal too. I've since moved on to bowel cancer or "perhaps they missed something and I do have ovarian cancer". So tests aren't necessarily the answer, as they will only temporarily reassure. We need to learn how to reassure ourselves - I'm still trying to find out how, so if you have any hints and tips please let me know!

My acupuncturist told me that anxiety and hormones are inextricably linked, as is IBS. And that it is possible to have PMS/PMT from ovulation (hence the tummy ache and back ache) until your period starts.

Its all quite normal and just one of the "symptoms" of anxiety.

Take care

SB x

langlim
12-08-06, 20:47
what i didn't mention was that I has an abnormal smear last april it was a pretty high count, anyway I've had the cells removed (which were not cancer), and I have had two perfectly normal smears since. I am also having a smear a year for the next 8 years. I don't know I'm just worried it might have spread. I wouldn't normally worry, and like I say I've always had ovulation pains since a teenager, but since coming off the pill (which seemed to make the anxiety come in the first place) the ovualation pains get worse! Its so sore there i can hardly stand straight!

I hope it is normal!

L
x

Silly Blonde
12-08-06, 20:57
Oooh you're just like me!!!

If you've had pains since you were young, then it had been the big C, you certainly wouldn'd be here now! You don't ovulate when you're on the pill and its probably your body readjusting!

As for the smear - the nurse explained to me that even if you have abnormal cells - it can take 10 years plus for them to turn into the big C - that's way routine smears are done every 3 (or 5 in some areas) years. If your last 2 were fine, then if you think logically (hard I know - I can't do it either!!!) there's not chance of anything sinister going on.

My GP also told me that younger women can get ovarian cancer but its very rare and usually occurs in post-menopausal women.

PS she also told me that being on the pill for at least a short time, can reduce anyone's chances of getting ovarian cancer.

We all know that if we focus on symptoms, pains etc, they will appear to be worse!!!

Blimey - I wish I'd listen to myself sometimes, but then that's my problem!!

Don't google by the way, really doesn't help!! Easier said than done again, but try and challenge those nasty thoughts with logical, sensible ones.

Take care, probably in for the long haul tonight so PM me whenever you need to.

SB xx

mia0621
13-08-06, 13:53
Hi Langlim,

I thought I had ovarian cancer too. Amazing how many of us take the same route. We all look up the symptoms and scare the daylights out of ourselves. I was having a lot of pelvic pain. I had several tests done, all of them ruled out ovarian cancer. Of corse, the pain subsided after I discovered that nothing was wrong. You don't mention your age. If you are going thru peri-menopause, those symptoms can be the result. I was peri-menopausal at age 37.

Mia

langlim
13-08-06, 19:38
I'm 26 so no not menopausal!

Humly
14-08-06, 11:00
Is there something in the air at the moment. I too am worried about ovarian cancer as I have lower back pain and sort of mild pelvic pain so of course it must be something bad. I cut my mum's grass last week so I could have hurt my back doing that and I could also just be imagining the pelic pains but I am still worried. I am 41 so I suppose that I could be going thru the peri-menopause (my periods can be a bit irregular) but not sure whether this can cause the symptoms. Don't know what to do.

saranadine
15-08-06, 01:10
Hi Langlim,

I hope that you are feeling better now, and that some of the replies you got have put your mind at ease, I know its hard when you have got health anxiety, its like everything points to the most serious thing it could be is'nt it.

I have quite bad ovulation pains some months, which I always worry about, I have had two ectopic pregnancies in the past, so I tend to worry alot about these kind of pains, even though I had to have both my fallopian tubes removed, so I am unable to have an ectopic again, I still worry about that....please don't start thinking that this may be what is wrong with you.

After we ovulate, we get something called a corpus luteum cyst that stays there until our period comes, it develops to get ready for any pregnancy that we might have each month, and can be painful. If we don't get pregnant it goes away, until next ovulation...but if we do conceive then it stays there because I think it releases some hormone that helps a pregnancy to develop.

I am only saying about this because this may be the reason why you are getting pain , but these kind of cysts are harmless, but as I said they can be painful.

Take care

sara

Catwoman
15-08-06, 11:41
I was reading all these mails and thought oh no this is me too. I have polycystic ovary syndrome and this means you have cysts on your ovaries, I have one large cyst on my left ovary and this used to cause pain sometimes. I kept thinking the pain I got when I had a period was so bad in the end I went for an internal scan, to find everything was OK.
But then I also used to suffer from migraine and ended up with an MRI as I was convinced I had a brain tumour in there. [:O]
Its our stresses and strains that make us magnify our worries and sometimes make us go a little mad at times with worry.
Believe me you are not the only one to do this, we all seem too!

polly a
15-08-06, 17:33
hi there,i have same probs with ovulation pains ect,been for a scan got results today small fibroid but nothing sinister,i think more people suffer from it than we think,try relax sure youlle be fine.polly a xx

p appleyard

mia0621
16-08-06, 01:36
I had all of the classic ovarian cancer symptoms. Bloating, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain and nausea. I was driving around thinking about leaving my family. I was sure it was really serious.[:I] Once I found out I was okay, I stopped having the pains. Now I have a different set of symptoms[V] I guess with anxiety, there are always symptoms.

Mia

mia0621
16-08-06, 01:37
I had all of the classic ovarian cancer symptoms. Bloating, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain and nausea. I was driving around thinking about leaving my family. I was sure it was really serious.[:I] Once I found out I was okay, I stopped having the pains. Now I have a different set of symptoms[V] I guess with anxiety, there are always symptoms.

Mia

stress head
24-02-09, 22:25
HMMM SOUND JUST LIKE ME, im 38 and i have convinced myself that i have got ovarian cancer, and it doesnt help that my mum died of it 12 years ago, my stomach is always very bloated at the end of the day, i have random pains in my side, i have average pain while im ovulating (am not on the pill), also have quite a lot of wind, and some heartburn, and sometimes get short of breath which im sure is down to me stressing, im going to the docs next week just to get some sort of test which is making me even more stressed !! after watching my mum go through it, was diagnosed in late stages and she only lived for ten weeks after diagnosis, and now jst totaly convinced myself that i have all the same symptoms she had. im going off my head stressing!

kittykat
25-02-09, 09:47
Hi ,

I was just wondering what you all mean by pelvic pain and wind, i also have a fear of ovarian cancer and i get windy but not the burping kind!!! also pain but not in abdomen but a heavy achey feeling down below and am convinced i have it and am in final stages( mind you ive had these symptoms for at least a year now and they've not gotten worse) i had a recent smear which came back clear but nothing would show up on that anyway, im 38 this year so dont know if it could be age related, any advice or thought guys before i start to freak out more and pester my poor doc again..........xx

Wee-Mee
18-03-09, 20:24
I'm going through this aswell,along with cervical and womb and bowel.

Few weeks ago I had a pelvic infection which made me feel like my legs,groin and pelvis and lower abdomen were on fire. I could hardly walk into the doctor's room. Since then,I'm terrified it is cancer progressing somewhere and I can't get it out my head.

I have lost weight but have severe lower abdominal bloating,like a pressure in the stomach,I am getting full quick when I do eat,have wind but it kind of burps silently inside,I am constipated and can't pooh on my own and when I have something to help me go,my insides are blown to hell. My vagina is sore also and my anus feels swollen.

I'm sure I'm dying and I wish I could stop this. xxxxx

kittykat
19-03-09, 10:17
I didnt want to start a new post as this is about ovarian, i'm still really scared i have it, i've got lower back pain at the moment and am late for my period ( 5 days), i've just started monitoring them as i've not really bothered as my husband had a vasectomy years ago, so i'm not sure if i'm on time or not although last month i was only a few days late, so is this irregular periods then ? I know a sign of ovarian is irregular periods and i'm really scared, i've also had pelvic pain as well but no bloating although i do have wind but not burping, i've all the symptoms , i'm sitting here with my rescue remedy literally shaking, im 38 this year so i dont think im menopausal, do u think i should see my doctor, i hate this feeling of complete fear i can't function with it , someone help , please x

Wee-Mee
19-03-09, 10:34
hi sweety,I have the signs also,but I'm also freaking about bowel,colon all sorts too. I am leaving shortly to go to doctors. I think you should see a doc too. You can't live in fear sweets.

I have irregular periods,my last one was 5th March and it lasted 2 days then nothing..then weird yellow discharge in my pants. I have pelvic pain and I am bloated ot hell,can't pooh on my own,my vagina feels swollen,I do silent burps all the time,pass wind, back pain,I am very scared too and my thoughts are with you petal.

The only little thing I am clinigng to with this is that I heard it does not give any sort of pain and symptoms til it is very progressed and you are reeeallly ill.

But then my HA fears make me think that I am different. :(

xxxx

kittykat
19-03-09, 10:49
Thanks for your reply hun , im off to get an appointment now, i just keep on thinking ok so its a silent disease, but maybe that is me starting to get the symptoms of it they've got to start sometime, that's not good is it, as for the wind i do eat a lot of fibre rich foods plus all bran every morning, i don't feel ill so that's a good sign , if it is ovarian i just hope its not been left for too long as ive had these symtoms going on at least eight months, help x

missheartbeats
19-03-09, 13:32
hello aqbout bad ovualtion pains , well about a week b4 my mensues are due i get a really bad ovary pian one sidded usually the left been 2 the doctor as im neariing 33 years of age my doctor says when u get over 30 in most cases u will have bad nagging pains as ur body isnt young anymore , andyway my sister had really bad period pains untils she had children as im lead 2 belive periods are worser as we get older until menopause , have u been tested for endremetrios hope thats correct spelling and also smokers have worser periods than non smoker as ive been smoking and my peroids are worser that ever , as 4 ovarian cancer its vary rare and increases with age my doctors only seen 1 case of it in 20 years , oh and stress makes them worser hope this helps

missheartbeats
19-03-09, 13:33
hello aqbout bad ovualtion pains , well about a week b4 my mensues are due i get a really bad ovary pian one sidded usually the left been 2 the doctor as im neariing 33 years of age my doctor says when u get over 30 in most cases u will have bad nagging pains as ur body isnt young anymore , andyway my sister had really bad period pains untils she had children as im lead 2 belive periods are worser as we get older until menopause , have u been tested for endremetrios hope thats correct spelling and also smokers have worser periods than non smoker as ive been smoking and my peroids are worser that ever , as 4 ovarian cancer its vary rare and increases with age my doctors only seen 1 case of it in 20 years , oh and stress makes them worser hope this helps

fairyloveheart
19-03-09, 21:29
How did you get on Kittykat? I am worried too. waiting for an ultrasound...lower back pain, groin pain, loin pain :(

kittykat
19-03-09, 21:59
I'm seeing the doctor on Mnday so in for a long weekend, im just going to tell him my worries and ask for a blood test as this can indicate the prescence of ovarian cancer. I'm now about 5 days late for my period which adds to my worries , no chance of being pregnant , dont know if this is norm for me as i have not usually counted my menstration cycle, i was 2 days late last month, argh im still freaking out here, plus my rescue remedys not helping :shrug:

ROURKEY
25-02-10, 14:51
Hi there everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum.

My sister in law died of Ovarian Cancer 9 years ago and an aunt of mine died from it about 20 years ago. As it is in my family on both sides I am concerned for my 14 year old daughter. Obviously at this stage doctors don't want to know about testing her because the likelihood is that she may never get it and until now there wasn't a test that could detect it in the early stages. However, I noticed an announcement in the Daily Express that a new early detection test has been launched this month. It is called Ovplex and is aimed at women with symptoms but I believe that it can also be used to detect ovarian cancer in girls from the age of 13. It is a test that you can buy privately (I don't think you can get it on the NHS) but it has a 94% detection rate. I googled Ovplex and the site came up as www.ovplex.co.uk. I know that if this test had been around when my sister law had Ovarian Cancer she may well still be alive today to tell the story. She was one of the unfortunate ones. They believe she had Ovarian Cancer when she was pregnant and it wasn't even picked up on the scan. She was diagnosed with everything except Cancer and when finally a doctor picked it up she died a year later.

Let's hope this test can save many womens lives who die needlessly due to not being diagnosed.

Cell block H fan
25-02-10, 19:07
hi all,

I am a health anxiety sufferer,

i'm really worried i have ovarian cancer, I do suffer with really bad ovualtion pains, and lately I've been getting the occasional odd twinge if cough. I've done the worst thing possible and looked on google and have now convinced myself I've got it.

It mentions abdominal bloating, gas, abnormal periods, and that its a silent killer.

While i was ovulating my stomach really does bloat up and I know its disgusting but I have gas quite bad too at the mo. I believe stress can contribute to irregular periods, mine aren't that irregular, but last month i hardly had anything it was really light. I have only in the last few months stopped taking oral pill. I don't bleed any other times of the month, other than period.

I'm just so worried, can anyone help?!?

I also got aches in my back on the right side, which I think is cancer too, secondary, i have been to doctors about and and he says its muscular, but I'm not convinced.

PLEASE HELP!

Nothing is ringing alarm bells from what you've said.
I get ovulation pains. Its how I worked out how to have my daughter!
My periods are really light some months & quite heavy others. Short cycle. I also get the bloating thing. Also get the back ache.
Years ago I used to google & even followed an ovarian cancer sufferrers online blog. Baaaaad idea really. These days I never ever google. If I am concerned about something I post on here for advice.
Ive had scans for ovary cysts, been to see consultants & diagnosed with I.B.S. These days I avoid the doctors like the plague to be honest.
But googling is the worst thing you can do. Before the net I used to look things up in a health dictionary. Equally as bad!
According to that I should have died a good few times over by now!
Seriously stay away from the google thing. And you've then halved your worries. The rest is up to you :hugs:

eiworry
25-02-10, 20:20
I am sat here worrying (as I seem to worry more at night) that the symptoms I have suggest the worst case. I've had a pain and twitching sensation in my right ovary, moving up my abdomen like a stitch for about 9 days now with some spotting and bloody discharge and, for the past 3 days, severe bloating that Ive never had before. Ive convinced myself its ovarian cancer. I've always had irregular periods (I'm 31 now) and PCOS has been suggested many times but I had a pelvic ultrasound (external one) 3 months ago and I quote "your ovaries are fine". Could they have missed something? Could something have developed in 3 months? I'm due to go to my GP next monday but dont think i can last til then I'm so worried. Considering going to A&E but will/could they do anything at this time of night? Sat here crying in panic. Might try to get to GP tomorrow instead and not go to work. Driving myself insane worrying about it. Its as if my ovary twitches when i think about it. Am I mad? I have all the symptoms.

ROURKEY
03-03-10, 17:02
I was reading through all the posts here because my sister in law died of ovarian cancer aged 37 and an aunt of mine died in her 80's of it. I have a fourteen year old daughter with this gene on both sides of the family so it is always on mind. However I was reading the Daily Express and came across an article about a new early diagnosis for ovarian cancer. As you have said it is called the silent killer because you don't know you have it until it is too late. Well according to this new test it has a 94% accuracy rate of detecting ovarian cancer in the very early stages. I am sure if it had been around when my sister in law was alive she might still be here today. The test is called Ovplex which I looked up at www.ovplex.co.uk (http://www.ovplex.co.uk)

It is quite an interesting website and as my sister in law discovered, the symptoms of ovarian cancer are often misdiagnosed as IBS. My sister in law started having symptoms after a holiday and she was diagnosed with holiday tummy and then everything else from there on except ovarian cancer. Her cancer was unfortunately found too late but let's hope that this new test will prevent many more women from dying needlessly.

yorkylover
03-03-10, 23:30
I have had problems with my tummy for 25 years now,on and off.I get terrible bloating,wind,back ache,pains in my right side.I get constipated alot.I have times where I need to wee all the time.I have had scans in the past ect all clear.But now I to have convinced myself something serious is going on!!!!!:ohmy:

I just read an artical in women magazine of a lady who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer after first being told she had ibs,and then a cyst.She had symptoms for 10 years.

How do we know if all these symptoms are anxiety or something else!!!!Iv been telling myself for years its anxiety,but what if Im wrong!!!!!:ohmy:

Im scared,but dont want to look stupid at the doctors!!!!!!!!:weep:

Tinker28
04-03-10, 00:33
I have also thought I had overain cancer as well a while ago, but don't anymore. I have moved on to other cancers now, I hate thinking this way! I had an ultra sound done and they found nothing, so I guess I should be all clear for it, for now! I hate worrying all the time about this stuff! GRRRR! I hope all goes well for you!

bulan
08-01-14, 07:21
Hello all,

This has been a helpful discussion for me so far, but I'm still quite fearful and could use reassuring... :)

My symptoms began suddenly, 12 days ago.

They began with strong menstrual pains. The second day I realized I didn't actually have my period.

Instead, I began to feel cramping in my lower back (right side), cramps in my upper right leg, very light nausea (just one or two minutes per day), deep aching and stabbing pain in my back, groin and pelvis, and a pinched nerve feeling from my lower back through my hip and into my upper leg.

All of this on the right side.

I've had no bloating, urgency to urinate (maybe a minuscule feeling of this), weight loss, fever, reduced appetite, or anything else (I think?) associated with ovarian cancer.

And yet I can't get the fear of it out of my mind. :weep:

Other info:

- I'm 36, and still nursing my 17-month baby (my first child), and my menstrual cycle hasn't yet returned to my pre-baby routine.

- Ovarian cancer doesn't run in the family, although other cancers do (e.g. Skin, colon, liver, brain tumour).

- I've never been on the pill.

I'm quite afraid... Do you have any tips or a word of encouragement? It would mean the world to me. :blush:

I should add, I've had soreness/stabbing/aching pain in one spot (beside my lower spine, also on the right side) for about half a year. My doctor suggested physiotherapy, but I can't stop wondering if it's related to my current symptoms. :(

I've had health anxiety for about 10 years now, since I first started showing signs of fibromyalgia. But no matter how many times a symptom turns out to be innocent, I still become deathly afraid of each new symptom that comes along. It's debilitating. :weep:

Case in point: I should be sleeping now, as I have to be up early for blood tests in the morning, but reading/posting in this board (and hoping for feedback) is the only thing keeping my fear from getting out of control... :(

Worriedwellornot
08-01-14, 18:36
I had exactly the same symptoms in April. My GP fast tracked me to a consultant who did biopsy and scan with a week. All that week I had terrible pain and convinced it was cancer. As soon as the consultant said everything was fine the pain stopped immediately. I was fine for a few weeks until 'lung cancer' took over, tests revealed nothing followed by my latest worry pancreatic cancer. It's very difficult to accept that HA can actually cause these symptoms. Today I was so busy I 'forgot' my symptoms and only when I remembered them, they returned, weird!

bulan
09-01-14, 03:40
Thanks, worriedwellornot. I've had that experience before too--symptoms disappearing as soon as test results came back negative.

It would be nice if that were the case this time around, although preliminary feedback from my doctor suggests something real is going on.

But, my doctor also says ovarian cancer is rare for my age, and that it's more likely a cyst.

I don't know why I find it so hard to assume it's a cyst, rather than jumping off the deep end. I get anxiety and milder panic attacks, which I know are making it harder for my body to stay strong... but I can't seem to stop them. :wacko:

Cags48
09-01-14, 11:21
I've had bowel issues no period for 4mths extreme flatulence and back pain I'm 48yrs old I'm convinced I have cancer going for bloods done tomorrow

bulan
11-01-14, 02:30
I hope your results come back clear, Cags48!

My situation's changed slightly... tests came back clear, except for a benign cyst on an ovary. So... for someone with health anxiety, this doesn't ease my fears much. lol :blush:

More than anything, I'd love to get rid of this anxiety. I can't think of many more depressing ways to live, than being healthy while fixated on illness. :doh:

Ssquyres
21-01-14, 18:30
I am going through the Ovarian Cancer scare right now. For the past 2 weeks I have been over panicking to the point I am giving myself a nose bleed all the time and because I am so scared I lose my appetite. I was just at the doctors last thursday and he did a pelvic exam where we felt my ovaries and he said they felt perfect.

So I thought I am good. but the scare has not gone away because I have back pain, left ovary area with low mild pain that comes and goes every 30 seconds to 1 minute. I have been on my period for 4 days now and am more scared because the pain is not going away. I have no cramps just the bloating, back pain and left ovary area with low mild pain. I am 25 years old and have no family history and have been taking birth control for 10 years now. Please help me.

Shammy
21-01-14, 18:50
I was once taken to A&E with extremely bad pains that went to my sides and back as well. My blood tests came back fine and I had a full body scan and a ultrasound and everything was perfectly fine. I found out that the stress had caused my symptoms to worsen and I was creating an image in my mind I was dying or needed an operation.

I was fully recovered the next day, still not sure what was wrong with me but doctors and surgeons found nothing

Ssquyres
21-01-14, 20:05
I do believe I am causing pain and symptoms of Ovarian Cancer because i am constantly thinking about it. My doctor just did a pelvic exam and felt nothing. Because I am super scared of this cancer I am going in Friday for a Pelvic Ultrasound. And if they dont find anything abnormal or wrong I should be in the clear right?

nicolag84
27-12-14, 17:40
Iv had a u/s 4 weeks ago and it was clear and they checked my bladder to and that was fine but am late on this month and never late am in pain not much but am so scared it oc .my fear is cancer and in the last month iv had that many cancer i am scared no one listin now cos of how iv bin .

Emily93
05-10-16, 13:53
Hi ladies I'm just wondering what your outcomes where?

I am symptoms of ovarian cancer and I am so scared right now.I am 23 a mum to 3 please help?