PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy and funny taste...help please

Mrsg12
01-11-12, 22:46
Hey

The vertigo/dizziness which I have posted about before did clear up when I used the nasal spray the dr prescribed. However, since stopping the spray last week I have felt dizzy again. The last 2 days my left ear has felt full. I'm now convinced that I have a brain tumour causing my ears to fill with fluid. Again, tonight I can't settle to sleep because convinced i will wake up with vertigo.

I also haven't eaten well the past 2 days. Food tastes weird, like poison, and I feel sick. Convinced myself I'm riddled with cancer. I have picked up my script for 5mg of escitaloptam but too scared to take it.

Feel as though there's no way out of this nightmare feeling. I just want to be well and not have to take meds to get through life.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you :weep:

reddevil
02-11-12, 11:29
Hi,

I have suffered in the past with dizziness and this metallic taste in the mouth, which I had them together. I went to see my doctor who put it down to anxiety. After a week or so, mine vanished but I guess I moved onto something else to worry about.

Ref

gonzo1958
02-11-12, 17:49
hi i started with dizzyness and was worrying about that and it made me worse, then i had a blocked up ear and tension in the back of my head and worked myself up and ended up in A and E but they couldn,t find anything wrong and i insisted on a headscan and that was fine too
Once i realised fully that this was anxiety i began to cope better and the doctor prescribed Citalopram 10 mg which i didn,t really want to take but i went ahead and there were some side effects but if you decide to take your medication it is important that you eat as well even if its junky food. After 2 weeks of taking the meds they seemed to kick in and i feel a lot better than i have for a long time and got back to normal, i will take these for 6 months and then hope to get off them so it won,t be permanent
I,m just glad to be finally free of that awful dizzyness and worrying about things that are NOT wrong with me lol
Hope this helps a little
D.