PDA

View Full Version : strobe light sensation in eyes????

lindajane1971
02-11-12, 10:21
Hi everyone!

Ive had this for ages now, it happens occasionally and it is starting to concern me a lot, so here i am for some help/advice.

You know when your under a fluorescent light that is not working properly? The light flickers very fast and it would make you think the bulb was on the blink? Its almost like a strobe light?

Occasionally i get this in my vision!!! It happened today, i was sitting in a well lit room and was looking at the blinds on the window and they were "flickering" and when i looked from them to the wall it looked like the paint on the wall was doing the same flickering/swirling/pulsating like a wonky light. It was so strong that i actually looked up to the light to see if it was faulty!!!!
I concentrated really hard on how i was feeling, i wasn't anxious at all, i was actually quite relaxed while this was happening. I also noticed that my eyelids felt like they were trembling/pulsating slightly at the same time

It lasted maybe 5-10 minutes, and it happens maybe every 6 weeks or so.
I had an eye test earlier this year at the optition and that check was fine, i didn't say anything about my eyes as i wanted a check up where the optition did not know i had anxiety as every doc appointment i get lately i just get the old "its anxiety" to whatever i go with!!! And that went ok, that was back in March.

Who should i go to about this, my doctor or an optition??? Or is this common and has a name???

Linda x

Alabasterlyn
02-11-12, 10:39
I get that too and when I think back it started in my early 30's but was only noticeable when I was outside in the sun looking at a plain light wall or something like that. It was only when I got older that I noticed I was getting it indoors in dim lighting too and for me it was like a pool of bright light going across my vision and also a flickering across the top of my eye. I was so worried I bypassed the Dr and made a private appointment with an Opthamologist at BUPA and was diagnosed with Posterior Vitreous Detachment.

With hindsight I wish I had just gone to my GP and waited for a referral as Moorfields run an eye clinic in my local Boots Pharmacy and it would have saved me a lot of money. If you are really worried then ask for a referral to put your mind at rest.