PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Seroxat dose from 20mg to 30mg

Spike78
02-11-12, 13:20
Hi everyone

I just wondered whether anyone else has increased their seroxat dose from 20mg to 30mg and if so whether you experienced any side effects and how long it took to feel more like your old self.

I started 30mg last Saturday and so far have experienced lightheadedness and nausea. Not sure if this is due to the increase. I seemed to have a good day on monday and thought wow the increase is working but since then have felt incredibly anxious and ill.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Spike78
03-11-12, 23:01
Hi I know that my post is quite specific but would appreciate anyone's thoughts / experiences etc if you are taking or have taken seroxat in the past. Really seem to be losing the plot today!

Thanks

isthisasgdasitgets
04-11-12, 01:43
HI spike, i've been on 20 mg down to 10 back up to 20mg and now on 30 mg after a blip in march 2011. From what I can remember (and i'm sorry my memory is shot since my anx or being on the peroxatine!) I felt more brain tingles. I don't know if this was cause of my blip and or the increase. I also felt really low at the time. Now on the whole feeling good.
Sorry I probably haven't been much help
I know it does take awhile for meds to kick in, maybe speak to your doc if you have concerns?
Hope you're feeling better :)

Spike78
04-11-12, 10:13
Thank you for your reply. I am so low at the moment and just wish the increase would kick in and at least enable me to get out of bed and do something constructive. The doctor said it will probably take 14 days to feel better but having upped the dosage in the past I seem to remember it being quicker than that. Mind you as I said I don't remember being this low before.

Thanks again

Spike78
04-11-12, 16:41
Anyone else have any thoughts on this ??

fishman65
04-11-12, 18:19
Hi Spike, I've been on seroxat for three years now and have recently had it increased to 60mg.However,I have consulted my diaries and started on 20mg on 25th September 2009,it was increased again to 30mg on 3rd October 2009 and then upped to 40mg on 21st November 2009.

I'm assuming this is the usual progression with seroxat but I'm not sure.I seem to remember my dose was upped each time in reaction to any increased anxiety I was experiencing.You may find that 30mg suits you fine,and yes its important to remember that anti-depressants take time,I know how tough it is waiting for it to kick in though friend.Hang in there and I'm sure you will start to notice some improvement soon.

julieannboo
06-11-12, 17:44
yes when i severely depressed in 1999 - i went from 20mg - to 30mg as i felt the 20mg wasnt working enough.

i cant remember if i had side effects but i think after 6 weeks it started to work.

20mg is now thought by some people to be enough to take of seroxat.
but obviously speak to your doctor.

i tried from being on 20mg - for 13 years to taper down - i managed to get to 5.2mg but crashed.

i am now back on 10mg and will stay here for a few years before i try and taper again.

best wishes x

Zingything
07-11-12, 00:10
Hello, I have had various doses over the years from 10mg to 60mg. I personally have only every experienced any side effects when I have reduced my dose or forgotten to take it. I get what I can only describe as 'head shocks', funny dizzy sensations.
Good luck x

Spike78
17-11-12, 15:04
Thanks for your comments. As an update after taking 30mg for 2 weeks felt much better for a few days and then wham bam back to square one. Been on the increased dose now for 22 days and feel just as anxious. Does anyone know if it takes a long time to become effective? I thought I had turned a corner a week ago and now am really upset that I am back to this - not wanting to get out of bed.

Any thoughts appreciated and welcomed. Thanks

Piano
17-11-12, 15:50
I am in the same boat (almost, I'm on fluoxetine). I upped my dose from 10 mg to 20 mg 4 1/2 weeks ago. The first three weeks were okay, but then I was anxious for a week, then two okay days, and then depression set in. I also just want to stay in bed. People on the fluoxetine forum says it can take 6 weeks to kick in. I don't know if this helps, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone..

fishman65
17-11-12, 17:04
Hi Piano,I see you are from Norway.Do you find the long winter nights are a problem for you? They are long enough here in the UK but must seem for ever for you.

Piano
17-11-12, 17:08
Oh yes!

Spike78
18-11-12, 09:42
Thanks Piano for you post. It sounds like we are in a similar situation albeit with different meds. I really thought the increase would have had an impact by now and being an impatient person I am desperate to start feeling better. If it does take 6 weeks (ish) to start to feel better I still have 3 weeks to go :(

I hope you are feeling better today and that you have a good day. Do let me know how you are doing.

Thanks

Piano
18-11-12, 22:15
Hi, not a great day, it seems that I have some kind of flu. And I am still not even after I upped the dose, I'm having sudden waves of depression. It is so frustrating:doh:
It may not take you six weeks though, fluoxetine is supposedly the slowest of the ssris

kirstenmonica
28-11-12, 17:36
hello! i increased my paroxatine dose from 20 mg to 30mg 3 days ago and i awful, i feel sick like im hungover and so tired!!

Ineedlookingafter
07-03-13, 17:19
I upped from 5 to 7.5 to 10 over a few days. I now have to take diazapam for the axiety and shakes it is causing!

Wish I knew long long until I level out. Messing with the meds has made it all worse in the short term.

Holding on tight for the long road.

amitie123
26-10-16, 06:00
Hi everyone
I am having some problems I have been on paroxetine/seroxot for 16 years.
recently my panic and anxiety has returned. My doctor wants me to go from 30 to 40 mgs and I feel afraid of the side effects.

Dave1
20-12-16, 00:03
Hi Amitie,

20mg Paroxetine did nothing at all for my chronic anxiety so I asked to be upped to 30mg about 2 months ago. The increase successfully stopped the anxiety but it also increased my lethargy - I couldn't be bothered to do things and was spending longer in bed. My anxiety has returned for the last 4 days. It's possibly because my lethargy is causing me to be lonely which is causing me to be anxious again. Head meds never do exactly what you want!

Dave1