PDA

View Full Version : Severe Dyskaryosis (result from cervical smear test)

xJust_Sarahx
02-11-12, 16:44
Hi,
I just turned 25 a couple weeks ago so i recieved a letter to make an appointment to get a test for cervical cancer, so i did and i had it last tuesday. This morning i got the results saying i have some abnormal changes and that i have severe dyskaryosis, obviously im really worried because its severe.. not mild or anything and i have only just turned 25 and this is my first test for it (apart from smears i have had in the past after pregnancy etc) so how long i have had this i dont know.. so does this mean i could have cervical cancer or i have some sort of cancer, i dont know what to do and researching comes up with allsorts!

Has anyone else had this, if so how did the Colposcopy go?

Thanks

nomorepanic
02-11-12, 16:49
This explains it well Sarah:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cervical-screening-test/Pages/Results.aspx

It is not a form of cancer apparently

Hck80
04-11-12, 07:52
Hi, I too have had severe dyskariosis (cin3). I was also 25 (am 32 now)I had the colposcopy followed by a thing called lletz (burning off the bad cells) sound worse than it was
Basically the colposcopy is like a big magnifying glass, so they just use the speculum as normal and the have a closer look - they also took another sample from me.
The lletz treatment was a few weeks after and took about 20 minutes, I was so so scared but they were really nice, again they use the speculum and then give you a local anesthetic, it was uncomfortable and afterward was like bad period pains.
Ever since then I have smears every year and touch wood they have been fine since.
Hope that's helped
X