PDA

View Full Version : Something just isn't right

clank
02-11-12, 18:17
For the past three weeks I would say, I have been worrying about my heart due to having so much tightness there. Two days ago I spoke with my doctor on the phone and she said my chest tightness was all anxiety related. I did believe her and she told me to go talk to my therapist that day even though i didn't have a scheduled appointment because of how anxious and stressed I was that day.

My therapist said the same thing. He even said all money back gaurenteed if I actually did have something wrong with my heart. He seemed pretty confident that I didn't have a heart problem. Well it helped me relieve some of my worries. Only for a couple hours though...

For the past three days the left side of my chest has been acting up again. I been having pains there that just come for a few seconds and fades, and then 10-20 minutes later it repeats. It also feels like it just isn't right. Like my heart isn't normal or doesn't feel normal or something. I can't explain the feeling. Its pretty much just a feeling that something isn't right.

About 10 minutes ago I was in the shower and i noticed i got this dull chest pain where my heart was. Then both my arms felt week and I got this pain in my jaw. Along in my shoulder. Everyone knows that chest pains along with shoulder pain and jaw pain. Is a cardiac problem!! My heart was racing and i thought i was going to collapse right there and then and that would be the last of me. I tried to Calm myself down by closing my eyes and breathing but when i closed my eyes everything was flashing and for sure i thought i was screwed.

Well here I am still alive but my heart doesn't feel normal. My breathing doesn't feel normal. I keep getting these pains in my arm and chest. Although in the past few days my pain has moved dead center in my heart. to the center, directly in the middle of my chest. Also have some tightness there too. I'm so scared something is wrong with my heart. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I know for a fact that a lot of you are going to say that because your only 16. Its not possible for you to have a heart problem. Well it may be very rare, but i may be in that rare category where I am one of those teenagers with heart problems. Some please help me!!!!:weep:

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Forgot to add that it feels like my heart is kind shaking, shivering almost. Like when your cold you shiver. Well it feels like my heart is doing that too :(

lo89
02-11-12, 18:19
The first symptom of my current health anxiety spree was jaw pain on the left side. My doctor and my dentist both independently said it was caused by stress causing me to clench my jaw. I have a plastic mouth guard to wear when sleeping or resting and it has eased the pain. The condition is known as tmjd (google it!). I now also have neck pain, temple pain, and shoulder pain. They are all related to tmjd. I also have chest pain on the lower left side, which has stayed there for maybe a month.
I am 23 and I am not worried about my heart. Eat a balanced healthy diet and try to focus on relaxing your muscles for at least 10 minutes at a time. It helps!

ricardo
02-11-12, 18:21
IMO you should go and see your doctor if nothing else to reassure you.Talking on the phone to the doctor will not relieve your anxiety.God bless.

clank
02-11-12, 18:27
I'm not sure if I do have tmj because this was the first time I ever had jaw pain. it just randomly came on for a few seconds which scared me because I never had it before and its related to cardiac problems

and I want to go to the doctors so bad but I don't want to go alone and my parents refuse to go with me.

ricardo
02-11-12, 18:35
I'm not sure if I do have tmj because this was the first time I ever had jaw pain. it just randomly came on for a few seconds which scared me because I never had it before and its related to cardiac problems

and I want to go to the doctors so bad but I don't want to go alone and my parents refuse to go with me.

Well that is awful and will only make your anxiety worse.I can't believe your parents or at least one of them won't go with you.

clank
02-11-12, 18:36
Well that is awful and will only make your anxiety worse.I can't believe your parents or at least one of them won't go with you.

They just brush it off as "minor anxiety" but they don't understand that I cold possibly have a cardiac problem and slowly dying as we speak.

MRS STRESS ED
02-11-12, 18:42
Clank I really think it is your anxiety listen to your doctor , I to have these problems I no they are scarey ,but until you stop focusing on them they wont stop ,you really need to believe they are symptoms of anxiety and god knows its hard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

lo89
02-11-12, 18:46
Well if your jaw pain only came in for a few seconds, it definitely isn't your heart ... That would be severe and long lasting!

clank
02-11-12, 18:56
You know no matter how much i try to get it through my head that there is nothing wrong with my heart. I just cant get it through it. My head is too full of illogical and negative things that no positive nor logical things can enter it.

I never had a cardiac problem so I dont know if the problems are long lasting or not, but they probably are. My shoulder pain is not there all the time, neither is the jaw pain. but that feeling that my heart just isn't right, is there all day every day