PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody! I have just joined

amber angel
02-11-12, 22:43
Hello everybody,
I am a young woman from Scotland.
I have suffered from depression as a teenager taking Prozac and Citalopram but would always stop taking them on my own as i would feel a bit better and felt i had control over it all.
I am now 22 and have just started to experience panic attacks. It has now developed into an anxiety disorder... which of course has made me extremely depressed again. I had to leave my job and am now trying to work everything out and build myself up again. Welcoming any help or advice or if anybody just wants to chat im here!
Thank you for reading x

MRS STRESS ED
02-11-12, 22:52
:welcome: to nmp lots of help and support here xxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
02-11-12, 22:58
Hi amber angel

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

amber angel
02-11-12, 23:11
thank you :) x

Sparkle1984
02-11-12, 23:15
Welcome to the forums! :) The important thing to remember about these medications is that you're supposed to stay on them for at least 6 months, even if you are feeling better, in order to prevent a relapse. I've been told this by my doctor - I've been on citalopram for 3 months and I feel better now but I have to stay on them for another 3 months at least.

kittikat
02-11-12, 23:28
Hi & :welcome:

You are among those who understand here. I hope you get all the help and support you need at this time. Take care.

Kitti :)

AnxiousBaker
03-11-12, 20:08
Welcome Amber! Lots of good advice and friendly people on here. You should only stop taking the meds when your doctor thinks its time. Even if you feel better stopping too soon can cause issues. Just stopping the meds full stop without gradual withdrawl can cause some pretty unpleasant side effects, such as anxiety.

Laura123
03-11-12, 20:48
Well hello wee hen, fellow scot here :) you will get lots of support here x

Serenitie
04-11-12, 13:18
:welcome: You will receive a lot of support on here

blue October
04-11-12, 17:00
:hugs::hugs:

ricardo
04-11-12, 19:18
All ood advice already given, Amber. feel free to discuss anything you want with whoever you want.