PDA

View Full Version : What does Sertraline feel like once you get the full effect?

Harrison Chase
03-11-12, 10:17
Im on week 5 day 3 and still not fully 'there yet'. How do you know?

Laura123
03-11-12, 10:18
I don't think you suddenly feel elation, I think you just start to get on with life without anslysing every tiny thing so much. And that for me is all I need, just to be able to get on with things. X

TJSMITH
03-11-12, 11:43
Laura how long until you got days where you feel yourself? It's been five months for me and it's still lingers but some days better than others x

Laura123
03-11-12, 11:53
I have only been on it about 5 weeks or so and I would say the past week I have had the odd day where I have actually felt normal, huge relief, I am on 50mg sert and propranolol 20mg 3 times a day, 50 works great for some folk and others need higher, I would say speak with your doctor, after that long on it you should be feeling relief, it may even be that this is not the right ssri for you x

frenchbean
03-11-12, 16:18
For me, it just feels like I am 'normal' again. I still have anxious moments, but they pass so much more quickly. I enjoy things. I wake up in the morning and look forward to things I've got planned. I don't feel dread or have panic attacks really anymore. I can really live much more in the moment.

It's not a miracle drug but I can honestly say it has really really helped me. I was terrified before I took it and it has definitely been the best thing I could have done.

I am on 50mg and have been for about 10 weeks now.

Harrison Chase
03-11-12, 18:04
Thanks for your replies x

Frenchbean , when did it kick in for you ?. x

Laura123
03-11-12, 18:07
That's great to hear French, I have had a basket case day today lol got to roll with the punches I suppose x

miniminx
24-11-12, 16:31
Ive been on 150mg of sertraline since june, and can honestly say its taken this long to feel the full benefit.so i'd say 4-6 months ish.....however i still get the shakes sometimes and the fear of am i going to go insane...but though the anxiety still strikes occasionally,and can upset my day and i cant eat etc, .Theyre called blips these little set backs we have, im having one today but tomorrows another day and all will be ok (i hope):) so id say a few months for it really works to its full benefit. you will feel better as time goes on, you wont be feeling rubbish until they reach theyre potential.

merlotsmum
05-12-12, 15:02
Miniminx I think I agree with you, I am nealry 4 months in and surprised with the blips I am getting, giving it a while longer to kick in x

TJSMITH
05-12-12, 16:29
I'm six months in and still have blips and underlying anxiety at times grrrr