PDA

View Full Version : What are your anxiety/panic symptoms?

Savannah
04-11-12, 07:58
When you feel very anxious/panicky what physical symptoms do you have? I'm just wondering because recently twice I've had a rush of heat in my face which is new to me, I've been told its anxiety related but when it hits I'm not particularly anxious. But then of course as soon as it happens I feel faint, shaky and heart races.

Em84
04-11-12, 08:01
I get a mix of things at different times: the first ones are the regular for me going down to the not so.

Dizzy/Lightheaded
Shakey
Pins and Needles
Chills
Breathless
Fast heartbeat
Numb limbs
Headache

There are so many horrible symptoms with Anxiety...

X

Laura123
04-11-12, 08:05
I recently since I started sertraline have noticed this intense burning inside my whole body, it's like it starts in my stomach and flushes right through me, feels like fire in my blood or something, only lasts a few seconds but it triggers the adrenalin and then I just feel bloody awful like so overwhelmed. The heat thing is nasty! I sympathise! X

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

The dizziness is a huge one for me too, in fact i am finally seeing ent next week to get checked out, I have been dizzy since June! X

ricardo
04-11-12, 08:09
Savannah
The list is endless. kindly read Symptoms (and causes) which you will find listed to the far left of the page. It gives a very good description of causes of these horrible feelings

Em84
04-11-12, 08:48
Oh god Sertraline!!!!
Arrgggggh this one didn't work for me, I tried Citalopram first was terrible so went on Sertraline, I had every side effect in the book.

The worse for me was night sweats, I would wake up dripping! Lasted 5 weeks on them then gave up....

Some meds work for some and not for others...

X

kinnygirl1
04-11-12, 11:13
Dizziness for me and heart palps - still wonder if these are anxiety or "something else" - bit of a vicous cirlcle really!

Savannah
04-11-12, 13:16
Thank you all. I was wondering if anyone else gets the flushes of heat in the face, I've had it happen twice but wasn't sure if it was anxiety related. I usually just feel shaky, lightheaded and cold if I'm very anxious and that's very rare. The heat in my face hasn't happened before.

soulvalin
04-11-12, 13:31
I used to get hot flushes all the time with my anxiety, felt like may face was going to burn up for a minute then it would cool down.

Savannah
04-11-12, 21:03
Exactly like that! It comes on suddenly, even if I don't feel worried? Is it just your face?

Em84
04-11-12, 21:35
I get hot flashes but its usually the whole top half not just the face but i guess you would feel it there also.....
being female though i always think its my hormes being activated by my manic children lol

x

hamesh
04-11-12, 21:44
I have the heat thing too, it feels like i have a fever only on one side of my face. They're called hot flashes i think and usually happen to women going through menopause(i find that particularly disturbing seeing that i'm a 17 year old male), but anxiety can also cause this. Read this http://anxietydetails.com/anxiety-hot-flashes.php

almamatters
04-11-12, 21:47
dizziness, blurred vision, sweaty palms, breathless, fast heart beat , tingling limbs, there are more i'm sure xxxx

Anxious lu
05-11-12, 01:13
I toO get the burning feeling inside mt body, the one that feels like a rush of blood on fire, this terrifies me and sent me straight to a&e.. Followed by trembling, adrenaline and dizziness.. This is my anxiety attack!

As for anxiety in general I have had

Numbness
Heart palps
Tight chest
Burning skin
Itchy scalp
Tingles
Twitches
Aches and pains all over
Dizziness
Burping (acid reflux) not sure if that's one?
Trembling especially in the legs